The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from the Netherlands (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Balthasar
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
18 Posts

Profile of Balthasar
Hello there,

First of all, English is not my native language, so if I make some mistakes, please do not remind me of it Smile

Some info,

I started with magic when I saw a man in a train that did a coin trick for me.
I was on my way to a concert of David Bowie, did not see a lot of it, all I could think was, what happend and what did I just saw?
Later on I got lessons from a guy that was a member of the magic circle in the North of the Netherlands.
So years went by, and I worked behind the bar, where magic was very handy, and we had great fun

When I was around 30 he Introduced me to the club, but that was around the time I got sick.
Got a problem with trembling hands because of it, and well lost mmy magic because of it.
Did not became a member and went on with my life

And then I was 55 time flies.
Hands did become better, not great, but manageable so that got me thinking.
Why look at things I good not do any more, instead look at things I can do and adapt my magic to my hands.
And that was a great thought, which worked for me.

Now I'm nearly 60 (lord help me Smile )
Magic is back in my life, but with a totally different style.
I use it in my life, I'm more of an EDC kind of guy, a hobbyist that got it's magic back by changing the style.
To me that's really magic as it should be.
life is like a box of chocolates
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Respects to you Balthasar,
no-one has troubled themself to welcome you, even though you have actively given 15 "posts".

Let me be the first to welcome you most warmly to the Café ... and at 72, I think I beat you "hands down" ...

regards,
WulfieSmith
dmcknight
View Profile
New user
who finally has
64 Posts

Profile of dmcknight
Welcome! This forum is an great wealth of knowledge.
"Success" is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
Mik-Kado
View Profile
New user
Antwerp, Belgium
32 Posts

Profile of Mik-Kado
Hello there Balthasar!

I'm a busking magician from Antwerp, Belgium. So we have "kind of" the same native language. Smile

I was out of magic for about 6 years, but now restart everything and hope to hit the streets again upcomming summerseason.

Feel welcome here in the Magic Café. There are loads and tons of good advice here, just for free! The advice here helped me to go out and perform half-circle shows on the streets.

Enjoy your moments in magic!
Live your most beautiful life.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Welcome Balthasar

Tom
BubbitoTheGreat
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of BubbitoTheGreat
Welcome! I am rather new here as well, but I just wanted to say hello because I am from the United States but lived in Amsterdam for two years. I also have a "shaking"... more on that in my own introduction!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from the Netherlands (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL