The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Doomsday 2023 (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Back from a great weekend at Doomsday. Compile my photos here with a little overview of the proceedings. It was a fabulous weekend. So many talented people and the whole affair has a lovely atmosphere.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx6r86f4w0xnvq......pdf?dl=0

The Friday night show.

Michael Diamond

Aiden Sinclair

ER Perkins

Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Saturday day time talks and performances.

Prof BC

Ashton Carter

Vince Wilson

Reece Shearsmith

Luke Robson

Paul Voodini
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Hex Factor contestents
Matthew Redmond

Tommy Burnett

Kevin Peel

Bruce Barnett

Todd Landman

Nick Brunger
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Thank you Joshua! These compilations are fabulous!
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
It's been nice having a record of the acts. It all goes by so quick and you get so many good ideas from attending each time that it's easy to forget routines that impressed.
hypnomagic
View Profile
New user
UK
36 Posts

Profile of hypnomagic
Thank you for sharing Joshua. It was my first Doomsday and I enjoyed every minute of it.
bdungey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of bdungey
Awesome. I'm starting to recognize some faces, too!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Fantastic photos Joshua J! Thank you for putting those together.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Excellent compilation of a fistful of fantastic photos. Thank you, Joshua J!

Doomsday. Wow. What a wild, Mr. Toad on mushrooms kind of weekend that was for me. It’s good to have some visual evidence.

Too dazed to give a proper account, but I’ll never forget it.

Props and Thanks to Dan Baines for the invitation and for assembling such a delirious weekend!

Bizarre Regards,
Perkins
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On May 9, 2023, Perkins wrote:
Excellent compilation of a fistful of fantastic photos. Thank you, Joshua J!

Doomsday. Wow. What a wild, Mr. Toad on mushrooms kind of weekend that was for me. It’s good to have some visual evidence.

Too dazed to give a proper account, but I’ll never forget it.

Props and Thanks to Dan Baines for the invitation and for assembling such a delirious weekend!

Bizarre Regards,
Perkins

Well your escence is captured ready for some Halloween fun. I think Perkins, the spirit photographer is going to be displayed along with with a few optical illusions following Prof BC's wonderful presentation of lenticular illusions and near and far.

As for having the visual evidence, it's needed, otherwise people don't people what you tell them of what goes on.

UnicornLair
View Profile
New user
Wasilla, Alaska
26 Posts

Profile of UnicornLair
Marvelous! The pictures are so intriguing. I want to know more!

Thank you for sharing!
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On May 9, 2023, Joshua J wrote:
You can read a bit more here.

Thanks very much. I have an additional blog here:

https://www.todd-landman.com/the-power-o......us-mind/

Best wishes

Dr Todd
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:

Thanks so much for a thorough and engaging description of the weekend. I envy being able to attend, so it was vicariously so enjoyable!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On May 17, 2023, DocBenWiz wrote:
Quote:

Thanks so much for a thorough and engaging description of the weekend. I envy being able to attend, so it was vicariously so enjoyable!

No worries, it's always been great attending but feel Dan out did himself on the line up this year. Hex Factor entries are getting to very high standards. Then all the ideas that come through the social side are worth price of admission.
a.single.V
View Profile
New user
Hanoi Vietnam
87 Posts

Profile of a.single.V
Thank you so much for sharing about this year's event. I am very new to this genre of magic, and so far I have only really studied the work of Voodini's. Your recap helps me know a lot of new names and I definitely see myself doing more research and trying to get better.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Glad you liked it. It was a great line up of very varied performers. You can find little snippets of performance online of each if you want inspiration starting out. Quite a bit on Instagram.

Paul Voodini's material is great. I like to blame Paul and Roni for much of what I've ended up doing. Both encouraged me to learn skills as a reader and that's where I've ended up doing the most work. Paranormal entertainer came along at a good time for me and shifted me down what has been a great journey in bizarre magic. His guide to palmistry has paid itself back many times over.
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
648 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
I find myself compelled to express my deepest gratitude and appreciation for the extraordinary photographs you have graciously bestowed upon me from the recently concluded Doomsday Bizarre Magick Conference in the quaint town of Darby. The visual splendor captured within these remarkable images has transported me back to that splendid occasion, filling my heart with a nostalgic longing for the time we spent there.

Truly, the photographs encapsulate the essence of the event in all its grandeur and mystique. Each meticulously framed snapshot unveils a world teeming with enchantment and marvel, granting me a glimpse into a realm that so effortlessly blends the ethereal and the earthly. From the curious enchantments that adorned the exhibition halls to the captivating performances that left us in awe, your discerning lens has immortalized the enchanting moments we shared.

I must confess that the delight and wonder I experienced during my time at the Doomsday Bizarre Magick Conference were truly unparalleled. The array of magical wonders and peculiar curiosities on display evoked a childlike fascination within my very being, igniting a spark of joy that has long been dormant. I reveled in the company of esteemed magicians and enchantresses, engaging in delightful conversations that danced upon the precipice of the supernatural. It was an affair that exceeded my expectations, leaving an indelible impression upon my soul.

As I peruse these delightful photographs, the memories of our time together unfurl like the delicate petals of a blossoming flower. The intricate hand gestures of the conjurers, the smoky tendrils of incense swirling through the air, and the whispered incantations that hung upon our lips—they all come flooding back with an almost palpable vivacity. Your skill in capturing these fleeting moments has lent permanence to the ephemeral, allowing me to relish in their beauty at my leisure.

Rest assured, dear Joshua, that your artistry has touched my heart and kindled an insatiable desire to return to the splendid realm of the Doomsday Bizarre Magick Conference. I yearn for the day when I may wander amidst its fantastical exhibits once more, basking in the enchantment that permeates the air, and reveling in the company of kindred spirits. Until then, I shall hold these photographs dear, cherishing them as cherished mementos of an extraordinary occasion.

In closing, I offer my heartfelt thanks for your thoughtful gesture, dear sir. May your lens continue to capture the essence of wondrous events, preserving the magic that weaves its way through our lives. I remain, with the utmost respect and admiration,

Yours sincerely,

Vince Wilson
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
www.poesmagic.com
a.single.V
View Profile
New user
Hanoi Vietnam
87 Posts

Profile of a.single.V
Quote:
On May 21, 2023, Joshua J wrote:
Glad you liked it. It was a great line up of very varied performers. You can find little snippets of performance online of each if you want inspiration starting out. Quite a bit on Instagram.

Paul Voodini's material is great. I like to blame Paul and Roni for much of what I've ended up doing. Both encouraged me to learn skills as a reader and that's where I've ended up doing the most work. Paranormal entertainer came along at a good time for me and shifted me down what has been a great journey in bizarre magic. His guide to palmistry has paid itself back many times over.

Voodini's Guide to Palmistry was the first time I got to know his name. It was such an easy read and got me started down the road of reading. Last year, I bought his Book of Shadows, which contained a lot of his works, including Midnight Side of the Mind. I love it so much. He's such an amazing performer and teacher.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Thanks Vince for the heartfelt praise. It was nice to see old friends and meet many new ones. I normally photograph wildlife and flowers so a bit of change. I hadn't been in a good number of years but will definitely be trying to get back next year.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Doomsday 2023 (31 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL