The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Prof. Hoffman Now online!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Marco has just put all of the Hoffman books on The Learned Pig. If you aren't a member, apply at http://www.thelearnedpig.com.pa.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
The site looks like a fantastic resource. Do you happen to know how long it takes to get a response to an application -- or if the site is having any problems at the moment? I applied several weeks ago, and have received no reply to either that application or a follow-up e-mail I sent last week.
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
246 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
Barry,
Have patience, it took awhile for my membership to make it through. I think Marko is a busy person, but hang in there it is worth the wait.
Wade
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
It is likely you won't be accepted. I applied long ago...and would like to say that I had some pretty darn good books listed and a great explanation for a 4 ace trick. But, still...no reply.

I have given up on that site.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Still no response to either my application or e-mail, so I'm assuming it's now an inactive site. Too bad -- it could have been very useful. Heck, I would have paid a small fee to have access.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Yep, it's inactive. I put in an application back in May or June, and followed up with an e-mail. Thinking something had gone wrong, I tried applying again and had an error message flash across my screen. (It went by too quickly to read.)
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
246 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
Quote:
On 2004-09-03 23:39, mormonyoyoman wrote:
Yep, it's inactive. I put in an application back in May or June, and followed up with an e-mail. Thinking something had gone wrong, I tried applying again and had an error message flash across my screen. (It went by too quickly to read.)

It is not an inactive site. I go there everyday. It took me a year to get access so like I said above...just be patient.
Wade
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
You're correct, Wade ... I received my membership approval today. So, the site's still active, thankfully.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
It took me about a year also. I've been trying for a long time, and have sent in several submissions, but didn't get accepted until a few months ago.

Just keep trying.

Shane Wiker
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I think the site needs help if people are getting discouraged I know I wont wait a year to get accepted that's almost like waiting a year to get waited on.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
How much does memberhip cost?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
It's free. You just need to fill out an application in order to prove you are a magician.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Barry. I filled out the application. It sounds like I may be waiting for awhile.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
I believe marko spends a lot more time on the site now, So if you apply soon you will probably be accepted within 24 hours of applying.
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Well, I guess I posted twice about this...

His site is much better than before. He is putting some wonderful stuff on there and I've already added a couple of ideas of his to my own work..

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
rocky424
View Profile
New user
Boca Raton, FL
54 Posts

Profile of rocky424
It seems that this site is now operational. I just signed up for membership on Friday night, and I got an email response saying I was accepted the next day. For all of you who have been unsuccessful at obtaining membership, try it now. It should work.
beyrevra
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of beyrevra
I hopeless try again too (fourth times ?)
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Do what you need to do to get your membership/password, etc! This is a great site with gold mines of information for the creative reader and thinker. Long live the learned pig!
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Does anyone else have trouble accessing the site now? I get a message saying that "this account has been suspended", and that I should contact the billing department. Since membership is free, I can't imagine MY account has been suspended -- most likely the website itself.
omk
View Profile
Regular user
Florida's Space Coast
108 Posts

Profile of omk
That usually is a sign that the Web Hosting company suspended the site because the account hasn't been paid. Hopefully Marko will resolve the problem. Meanwhile we can continue to check the site periodically to see if it is back up. Hope someone will post when it is.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Prof. Hoffman Now online!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL