The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Academic Magic on Darkstone Dossiers (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Very pleased to be the featured guest on Darkstone Dossiers next Saturday. I have known host Anthony Darkstone for quite some time now. We share many common interests, magical or otherwise. We will be covering a lot of topics about magic, performance, persona, themes, and so much more!

All the details can be found here and some of the proceeds go to the Alzheimer’s Society.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/darkstone......37942787

It be great to see some of you there!

Best wishes

Dr Todd
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Only £6.50, I don't need to leave the comfort of my sofa and it goes to a good cause. Can't go wrong. Looking forward to it.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On May 14, 2023, Joshua J wrote:
Only £6.50, I don't need to leave the comfort of my sofa and it goes to a good cause. Can't go wrong. Looking forward to it.

Thank you!

https://www.todd-landman.com/events/darkstone-dossiers/
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
After Dr Landman's recent double blind experiment at Doomsday and my subsequent unmasking as a potential murderer I had to ask Nurse Ratched if I could attend.

Apparantly if I behave very well between now and then I will be allowed computer privileges....
UnicornLair
View Profile
New user
Wasilla, Alaska
26 Posts

Profile of UnicornLair
I am certainly going to try to attend!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Hope to see many of you tomorrow 21:00 UK time Smile

Best wishes

Dr Todd
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Will we get sent a zoom link? Can't see anything within the ticket details.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On May 19, 2023, Joshua J wrote:
Will we get sent a zoom link? Can't see anything within the ticket details.

Yes, a zoom link will be emailed to you Smile
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Thanks again for the talk. I enjoyed hearing you talk through the Doomsday talk. Good discussion around Chris's question on confidence and performing. Need to go watch Dead Poets Society again.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
It was a really fascinating talk, thanks Todd!

I think they are archived after the event here - I'm not sure how long after the event though:

www.anthonydarkstone.com/darkstone-dossiers/

I also ordered a copy of Todds 'The Magiculum' last night from Amazon and am really looking forward to reading it.

"This collection of essays has been written by magicians who really care about magic. Having discovered magic at a young age, they have allowed it to mature alongside their intellectual and practical formation. They contemplate different dimensions of magic and how they relate to it. Their stories and reflections reveal remarkable similarities in the themes that they address: Magic as power. Magic as escape. Magic as protection. Magic as play. Magic as medium. Magic as unknowable. Magic as symbol. Magic as language. Magic as incomplete. The book will touch anyone who has imagined a magical world and who has a sense of wonder, either as a child or as an adult. Broad in its approach, specific in its intent, 'The Magiculum' offers much to contemplate."
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
That looks like a great archive of talks.

I think you'll love the magiculum. Not so much a book for routines as a great collection of essays on magic and making it better. Tons of invaluable information that will fit with everything you've been talking about in terms of developing character and performance. I really should buy myself the second one.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On May 21, 2023, Bogbadger wrote:
It was a really fascinating talk, thanks Todd!

I think they are archived after the event here - I'm not sure how long after the event though:

www.anthonydarkstone.com/darkstone-dossiers/

I also ordered a copy of Todds 'The Magiculum' last night from Amazon and am really looking forward to reading it.

"This collection of essays has been written by magicians who really care about magic. Having discovered magic at a young age, they have allowed it to mature alongside their intellectual and practical formation. They contemplate different dimensions of magic and how they relate to it. Their stories and reflections reveal remarkable similarities in the themes that they address: Magic as power. Magic as escape. Magic as protection. Magic as play. Magic as medium. Magic as unknowable. Magic as symbol. Magic as language. Magic as incomplete. The book will touch anyone who has imagined a magical world and who has a sense of wonder, either as a child or as an adult. Broad in its approach, specific in its intent, 'The Magiculum' offers much to contemplate."

Thank you so much! There is also The Magiculum II Smile
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
You may view the episode here

https://youtu.be/LN4DIbSCpDk
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
I thoroughly enjoyed this. Many thanks!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On May 25, 2023, DrTodd wrote:
You may view the episode here

https://youtu.be/LN4DIbSCpDk

Thanks Todd! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Academic Magic on Darkstone Dossiers (14 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL