The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Octopalm (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Forgot I had this gel and it is a few years old.........is there a way to rejuvenate it as it is a bit dry.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
If you are unable to rejuvenate it, I have a suggestion.

I have long suspected that Octopalm is simply a re-purposed item that has been available for years. The product is called "Pro Grip" (aka "Bowler's Grip). It can be found in the pro shop of many bowling alleys. It comes in a small jar which will last quite some time. I absolutely love the stuff. I tried a bar of violin resin. I would sand out some resin dust and rub it into my palms/fingertips, and it worked great...the only problem was that my skin had to be somewhat warmer than 98.6 in order for the resin to have any grip. Rubbing the hands together worked, but in Pro Grip I found a solution that didn't require that.

Might keep Pro Grip in the back of your mind!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ah! Thanks for the tip Chessmann!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of drmagic
You might try putting your Octopalm in the microwave for a few seconds (5-10) at a time or place it in a bowl of hot water to see if it softens.

There is another product called "Gorilla Snot" used by drummers and guitarists that is similar.

Since I have used Gorilla Snot, I will warn you that less is more. It works but make sure you only use a very small amount.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 16, 2023, drmagic wrote:
You might try putting your Octopalm in the microwave for a few seconds (5-10) at a time or place it in a bowl of hot water to see if it softens.

There is another product called "Gorilla Snot" used by drummers and guitarists that is similar.

Since I have used Gorilla Snot, I will warn you that less is more. It works but make sure you only use a very small amount.

You mean like, just a bugger?
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of drmagic
If you meant to say "booger", then yes. Bugger has a totally different definition, especially in the UK. Lmao
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On May 25, 2023, drmagic wrote:
If you meant to say "booger", then yes. Bugger has a totally different definition, especially in the UK. Lmao

Indeed, hahahahaha Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Octopalm (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL