The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book order (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rabbit606
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of rabbit606
Just received some awesome books that had been out of print are hard for me to find. If you are ever looking for something try donsmagicandbooks.com first! I just called and talked to him on the phone and he knows his stuff and helped me out. Hard to find sankey stuff, etc.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
He has some great customer service!
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Don is a great guy. I have found missing gems on his site.
magic.42
View Profile
New user
USA
72 Posts

Profile of magic.42
Donsmagicandbooks.com is one of my go to spots for hard to find books. Just this year I have purchased 30 books from Don and saved a lot of money. I have been buying from Don since January 2020.
I highly recommend his site to fellow magicians.
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
69 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
Don has fair prices and great service. I buy from him regularly.
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
170 Posts

Profile of DonB!
Hey all of you fellow bibliophiles, thanks for the nice feedback. I appreciate you all so much, and look forward to continuing to do so for a long time.

Have a great week!

Don
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
You have to be careful with this book seller. A few years ago he listed a set of rare hard to find books on his home page that were due to arrive shortly. I kept checking his website for days to see if he had listed the books for sale. The books never showed up on his site. I decided to contact him about the books and he tells me somebody had made him an offer and he had sold them already. The books never made it to his website.

He didn't bother to announce that the books were already sold, and if I hadn't asked him, I would have been led to believe those out of print books would soon be listed on his site. If you see a list of upcoming books on his site, it doesn't mean a thing. I don't recommend this scoundrel at all!!!
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2023, Leo H wrote:
You have to be careful with this book seller. A few years ago he listed a set of rare hard to find books on his home page that were due to arrive shortly. I kept checking his website for days to see if he had listed the books for sale. The books never showed up on his site. I decided to contact him about the books and he tells me somebody had made him an offer and he had sold them already. The books never made it to his website.
He didn't bother to announce that the books were already sold, and if I hadn't asked him, I would have been led to believe those out of print books would soon be listed on his site. If you see a list of upcoming books on his site, it doesn't mean a thing. I don't recommend this scoundrel at all!!!

Weird post.
Causes me to put you on my list of "never deal with this buyer/seller".
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Leo,
I think it's worth mentioning that over a year ago, Don provided a thoughtful response and reasonable explanation for what you experienced. Frankly, if I were in your shoes I'd be more upset at myself for lacking assertiveness in contacting the seller when the title was visible in any capacity on the website. Perhaps you could reach out to him privately rather than continuing your disdain on a public forum - who knows, he might be willing to help you find the titles in the future if you haven't had luck elsewhere.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Don.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1354 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Although I’ve never ordered from Don, he doesn’t sound like a “scoundrel” to me. He’s under no obligation to sell to any one person in particular and wasn’t deliberately trying to cheat or mislead anyone - that would be my definition of a “scoundrel”. Things happen and business is business.
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
I’ve ordered from Don several times and had nothing but good experiences with him!
disbelief
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of disbelief
I have as well. Great Source for new and used books.
Cookiegod86
View Profile
New user
NY
54 Posts

Profile of Cookiegod86
Echoing what most here have already said. I've purchased a good amount of out of print books and lecture notes for very reasonable prices from Don.
smartie_28
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of smartie_28
I have always had great experiences with Don.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book order (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL