The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jansenson Magic 's Dirty Work Station (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicday
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of magicday
I saw this at Hank Lee, any member have some reivews for it. Is it only for stage act ? As for the price of $249.95 any electronic involved ? Really need some reviews before sending my order to Hank Lee.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
No electronics. It's for close-up. I saw Jansenson perform it in the close up room and it was a killer effect.
It's a large close up pad that let's you have a lot of ways of predicting cards.
Tommy Wonder bought one just because of an effect that Jansenson did that usually required Tommy having a couple of decks on hand to switch... now none was needed.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Yuji
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
138 Posts

Profile of Yuji
Magicday,

Why you don't scroll down there is a thread for it call "Dirty Work Station at Hank Lee"
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of magicday
Yuji,

I have read the thread " Dirty work Station at Hank Lee". There is no reviews. It only arguing about the exclusive right between Hocus Pocus and Hank Lee.

And now the thread is locked. I cannot join in and ask reviews about it.
Yuji
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
138 Posts

Profile of Yuji
Sorry Magicday,

Last night it is not locked. I don't know now the thread is locked.
coinlover
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of coinlover
Magicday,

I don't own it so I cannot comment on it. But Last month Hocus Pocus put the Dirty Work Station on their sale promotion for only $169.95 If you miss the chance ,you can wait for next time. Or you can buy it at Hocus Pocus 25% off event (usually each month Hocus Pocus will have 25% discount event) You will save a lot !!

Hope this help.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1354 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Here are some reviews from owners:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Brian
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
I had one (and sold it,) and would not recommend it. The pad is WAY too big, the slant is a little too angled (anything round would roll down,) and the "work" on certain cards is really awkward unless you have an unusually long reach, if you get my drift. Plus, the instructions are absolutely horrible.

And, this may be s simple matter of personal taste, but I did not think it was all that well made.

For what it's worth that's my honest opinion.
2003 user
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of 2003 user
I would not recommend it too. May be my finger are too short! Beside the instructions I am very disappointed with the video. It is not a teaching video just a few demo ONLY !!!
HK Cardman
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of HK Cardman
I remember that I saw the Dirty Work Station at ebay for Only $90 Do a search you will have a better deal.
2002 coinguy
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of 2002 coinguy
If it's price under $100 It really a good deal, I cannot find it at ebay now. May be already sold out.
One question, can it also work with coins ?
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
I disagree. I think it is an excellent prop, and perfectly workable.

I should also say that I sold mine. Not because it didn't work per se'. For optimal impact you need to use one hand or the other, and for all intensive purposes I am one handed. Thus the operation was awkward for me.

I hope that makes sense!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I agree with Runawayjag and 2003 User. I purchased the pad when it first came out and I do not use it. The pad is extremely large and reaching for certain cards is awkward. Not recommended.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I have the dirty workstation and hav eto agree with runawayjag, a lot of the moves are awkward. If you are going to invest in a workstation, I would recommend the Dean Dill station. It's very well made, practical and not a awkward as the Dirty Workstation.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Well... I like mine. It DOES need some practice but it really does what the ad says. $300 is perhaps a bit over-priced, but the quality is good. Besides, I did not find that the explanation on the DVD were that bad... Actually there isn't a lot to know. Once you understand how it works the demo are comprehensible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jansenson Magic 's Dirty Work Station (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL