The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Osterlind Breakthrough Card System and stacked decks?? (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4088 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Mostly I do agree with Doug ( ... Smile ...) and Nikodemus.... I am (successfully) the type of guy who "allowed the system to "fall away" once he gained facility in the immediate association of card identities and stack numbers" (Doug words).

And that happened 25 years ago within 4 weeks using Simon Arons's "system" learning his stack which I use ever since. I never forgot it or did get slower... It is still always there with a "bum"... Many years ago (2002 the first time) I did a translation of his "learning system" into German (with Simon's blessing), using my words and memo aids. When I did it I had to consult my written and worked out "German system" as I have forgotten it completely. There was only left the completely internalized second secret identity, like in Nikodemus' good example concerning months (July is 7, 7 is July...). And I believe that it is due to Simon's "learning system" although you might question yourself initially why you are doing what you are doing. But the result after only 4 weeks (daily 45 - 60 minutes, never skip a day...) is incredible and initially unbelievable. BTW, Alain Nu and Michael Close made exactly the same experience - just to name two. Therefore I am convinced that most people do not take this road as they are simply too lazy.

All of their "explanations" why not taking this road ("I am the more visual guy", "if you do not use it daily, you forget it".... and so on....) are in fact only excuses for common laziness. No musician on earth could be as lazy as many magicians or mentalists are! To keep highest speed concerning a memorized deck you really need only 8 - 10 minutes a week (!!), or every second or third day 2 or 3 minutes... and you even do not need a deck of cards for it. I wrote often enough about it.... The only "investment" is really only 4 weeks a sort of intellectual discipline.

I know that this is lacking often. Like the diminishing ability to read and (more importantly) to really understand what you read. Most people are able to read, but less and less are able to really understand what they read, especially if it is abstract... in some countries this is more often the case, in other countries less. Unfortunately the U. S. are certainly leading in the world.... but other countries will follow soon as usually. It is like turning back to picture language which is a huge step backwards.... Certainly not a good evolution generally and also not good for our art. It is a "good evolution" only for specific people... some of them could become therefore people in highest command... For me, this evolution is very frightening. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Osterlind Breakthrough Card System and stacked decks?? (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL