We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2004 entrée: Paul Cummins » » In the hands effects? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
Hi Paul,let me just say its great to have you here at the Café.I have both lecture notes of FASDIU but I don't really have time to sort through the effects I was wondering what effects do you recommend I look into which don't use a table that are in your notes.
Thanks Alot,
Six
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
Hi Six,

This will sound like an obnoxious answer, but it is not meant to be...

Make the time to look. Take the time to sort through the effects, either in my lecture notes or in other books. Don't expect things to be handed to you. Read, read, read.

Paul
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1887 Posts

Profile of ASW
LOL.

Nice one, Paul. If you can't be bothered to read anything, why get into magic? All the best secrets are hidden in print...

cheers
Andrew
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
Johnnymysto
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
116 Posts

Profile of Johnnymysto
Why buy the notes if you don't want to read them?
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
My intent was not to make fun of "Six," but to make a point.

From the first set of notes you might look at "Counting On It," "Invisible Card," "Overtwist," "Casebreak," "Flasher," "PIPS!,"Overtwist Minor," and "Personal Slop." From FASDIU II you might look at "A La Annemann," "Stumped!," and "Triumph '93".

I do these routines without a table.

Paul
CWMoss
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of CWMoss
Paul,
You are a whole lot nicer than I am.
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
I've said on a number of occassions--and I feel it's no exaggeration--that if the only card tricks you learned where the tricks in FASDIU I & II, you'd never need to learn another one. This is A+ material and there are enough different plots, presentations, etc. to keep any audience entertained.

Also, thanks Paul for not mentioning "Old Faithful"...we'll keep that one quiet.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1240 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Checl out "Personal Slop" from FASDIU II and you will never do another in the hands triumph again.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
AaronShields
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of AaronShields
I'm going to contact the Café staff and have them remove the mention of the routine PIPS!...no one else can have it.
Find out about my magic:
http://www.freewebs.com/aaronshields
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
87 Posts

Profile of dave s
Paul,

A La Annemann is FANTASTIC and an excellent opener! As you write in the book - it is an in the hands effect with a number of quick, magical changes that quickly establishes you as a professional. Thank you for releasing this wonderful routine.

- David Schwartz
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
Again, thank you one and all...

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2004 entrée: Paul Cummins » » In the hands effects? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL