We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2004 entrée: Paul Cummins » » The prayer cull? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
I can not find a copy of M.I.N.T and I would really like to learn that cull is there another resource to which I can find that cull?
Thanks Alot,
Six
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
A freind told me that he thinks the cull is you spread threw the deck you find the first card you would like to cull take that whole right hand packet and injog it.Then you look for the other cards and injog each card the you do some move I'm not sure but is that along the lines of how it works?
Thanks A lot
six
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
726 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
The sleight you explain sounds like an Arthur Buckley sequence from Card Control (p. 12). However, it is most definitely not Marlo's prayer cull, which is, basically, a finessed version of the Hofzinser card pass. I believe it was the first method in print that allowed for multiple card culling using the Hofzinser move.
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
The cull is explained in fair detail during the explanation of the Bonus card routine on the Up In Smoke DVD.

I highly recommend that every cardician learn to cull cards below the spread. It is an unbelievably useful tool!

Paul
Tim Zager
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
222 Posts

Profile of Tim Zager
Hi Paul

Speaking of culls... I saw you at a WorkShop in St Jo a few years ago. One night in the lobby you showed a face up deck and ran thru the cards, hand to hand, showing they were well mixed.

Then you immediately re-spread the cards to show they were now divided into reds and blacks! You explained that you culled them. Not being a card guy at the time, I was completely floored!

Do you explain that in any of your materials? It would certainly be a valuable "tool".

Tim
Make sure your customers never lose your information,
with a Digital Business Card.
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
I explain the cull on the UIS DVD. The explanation there is specifically about using the cull to control selections, but if you think of the 26 black cards as selections the finger movements are the same. Perhaps others who have seen the DVD can chime in...

Paul
fanwun
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of fanwun
I hope this isn't considered a fluff post, but I must second the notion of learning the cull. I'm practicing it now and it really is useful. I first saw it used by Kostya Kymlat and he's excellent with it. I've basically been working from his lecture notes and memory. Now that I know it's on UIS, I'll be getting the DVD soon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2004 entrée: Paul Cummins » » The prayer cull? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL