The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » A Conversation with Eugene Burger (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2085 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2085 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Wow he really hit the nail on the head, and even talked about what I have said in the past about easily obtained knowledge on the internet, and how this knowledge is not appreciated like the good old fashioned worked for knowledge. I enjoyed the article.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
245 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
It was nice to see that he wasn't scared of the exposure on the internet (I know why should he be..he is one of the greatest) but sees it as a challenge that he can over come and we all should look at it that way. Thanks for the link.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2085 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2004-07-12 12:47, Curmudgeon wrote:
It was nice to see that he wasn't scared of the exposure on the internet (I know why should he be..he is one of the greatest) but sees it as a challenge that he can over come and we all should look at it that way. Thanks for the link.

yes I agree. I also use to tell ppl that the masked magician actually promoted interest in the art, and made ppl wonder just what all these magicians were up to. however I also believe that most would just give up after seeing exactly just how difficult, and how much dedication magic takes in order to be proficient at it.

a few of my friends became interested in magic for about a week after the shows lol. once they seen the work involved, well they left all the magic stuff to the real magicians. Smile
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Thank you for the link. That was well worth reading.
Drive Carefully
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2085 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
http://www.yourmagic.com/MagicBeard/articles.php

more awesome articles, and essays. enjoy! Smile
felipão
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of felipão
Pretty cool. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » A Conversation with Eugene Burger (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL