The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Forgive my blindness » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I am a new user, and I just can't seem to find your "edit profile" button. Where did you hide it (in plain sight, I'm sure)? Did you use Black Art? Mirrors? Or did you make a feke out of one of the forum topics that nobody visits? Please let me know.
Thanks!
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Check out all the links in the upper right hand portion of the Cafe screen.
Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Nae Blis
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Nae Blis
Don't forget you have to be logged in with your username to see those menus.
It takes a big man to cry...... but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
After logging in, I only see the Register, Search, FAQ, and Lost Password buttons, as well as the User Name and Password fields. Is an Edit Profile button supposed to appear here?
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Nae Blis
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Nae Blis
Interesting...you have me kinda stumped. But i think i might know what's going on.
You are not logging in....
Though you need to login to post messages like you have obviously done, what i think you are doing is coming to the site and filling in you username and password at the bottom of the screen as you try to post.

What you need to do is put your username and password into the boxes up in the top right and login, Then your options up there will change and you will see what you are looking for.

Am I off base here? If so, it sounds like a browser problem. I have not played around too much with the javascript settings and cookies in terms of this site, but I image that if you have you cookies turned off(Please don't do this) you might just have a login problem here. If my first guess was wrong let me know and i can try to walk you through your browser settings.

-Wade
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Got it! I was logging on correctly, alright; the key was to put a check mark in the all-powerful "Keep Me Logged In" box. I tried it, and presto -- new menus!

Thanks for your assistance.
Nae Blis
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Nae Blis
That sounds like some strange behavior. You should not have to check that off.

Glad you figured it out.

Just for the record, what browser are you using?
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
I know that if you are using NS6 you have to tick the "Keep me logged in" box for the login function to work right. Some members using IE6 have corrected login problems by ticking that box. The default security and cookie settings on IE6 (as of six months ago) are too high to allow the Cafe scripts to place cookies on the user's machine. I don't know if this has been changed in the newer releases if IE6.

In most cases, when there are login problems and/or problems with the "red cups" not displaying as expected, the trouble seems to be with the individual's browser and firewall settings. Those would be the first things to check if you have login or red cup problems. Sometimes just deleting your Cafe cookies from your CWindowsCookies directory and then logging back into the Cafe will fix the problem.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
for what it is worth, the version of IE6 I have is new and the problems are still there. Aside from the colored cups intermittently changing, all functions seem to work except that you need to click on the keep me logged in box.
Dave
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Forgive my blindness » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL