The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Making A Card To Wallet (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
How can I make a card to wallet... I can palm off cards fairly easily I want to know how to make one..

Any help would bve appreciated.... the reason I don't buy one is I like to make my own stuff if I can.... Point me toward a book or video that teaches how to make...
I like cards.
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
334 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi there, I posted almost the same question about 6 months ago and the solution is Jerry Mentzers book "Card to Wallet".
Its basically a referance book for every method of card to wallet known to man......all the workings are explained and I thoroughly recommend this book to you.

Regards Alan
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
Would this be available at most online stores?
I like cards.
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Quote:
On 2002-08-05 08:47, CardConjurer wrote:
Would this be available at most online stores?

I think the book is more available now, after a possible reprint. Check your favorite on-line dealer. H&R Books would be able to get you a copy. There have also been quite a few listed on eBay, and the ABE independent booksellers search site. Worth tracking down a copy. It has routines for just about every variation of gaffed (and ungaffed) wallets imaginable.
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
magicpirate82
View Profile
New user
Bay area, Northern California
68 Posts

Profile of magicpirate82
I used recommendations from Patrick Page. His tape is good and his version works well for me. I use a "regular" wallet that I can carry in rear pants pocket or jacket. Denny has it here: http://www.dennymagic.com/cgi-bin/hazel.......m=005072

:pirate:
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
Thanks!
I like cards.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2986 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I said it at the other discussion about DIY wallets, but I'll say it here, too: Parr describes a real improvement to the Mullica wallet in his book Brain Food, and tells you how to make it yourself. He also gives his excellent tips on handling.

With Brain Food and a Santa Fe Secretary wallet from Rolfs.com, you're on your way to having a Mullica wallet that's better than store bought, for about half the store price.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
Thanks..... i bought the patrick page video.. its pretty good ......i am now trying to find a wallet..
I like cards.
woodmaven
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of woodmaven
Thanks Necromancer,

Based on your advice I picked up Parr's book and have ordered the Rolf's wallet. The day the book arrived I ended up reading it cover to cover. Not only does it give good advice for the wallet, but it also has a wide range of excellent effects (not limited to card to wallet). I also thoroughly enjoyed his essay's on his philosophy of magic - they were enlightening. A fine addition to my library.

Thanks for pointing me to it - I doubt that I would have bought it based on the dealer's description alone.

- Britt

Smile
Friends are our chosen family.

- Britt -
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Thank you Necromancer for a great reference tip! I have several wallets; each seems to have advantages and disadvantages, depending on the performing situation. I originally got the Pat Page video on the wallet, and the package included a wallet! (No longer available with the tape...) At any rate, I don't care for the construction of the Page style wallet, but the method is direct. Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
VERY old thread, I know. Is this the wallet?

http://www.rolfs.net/sanfepocsec.html
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
WOW, haha that's my post from FIVE years ago! That's pretty crazy
I like cards.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11158 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 16:45, tntjr wrote:
VERY old thread, I know. Is this the wallet?

http://www.rolfs.net/sanfepocsec.html

Yes. It used to be called a 4-way Secretary. Funny that this thread pops up. I was just watching Eugene Burger's video on restaurant magic and David Parr is on there explaining his variation for the Mullica wallet. Clever idea.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
I agree. Saw the save vid recently so did a search for Mullica wallet and this came up. Good info.

BTW, anyone know if you can make a hip pocket version from of-the-shelf products?
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Quote:
On 2007-02-15 14:58, CardConjurer wrote:
WOW, haha that's my post from FIVE years ago! That's pretty crazy

Forgot to ask how it's worked out for you in the last 5 years!
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
Haha, really good... Not so much into magic now, as just fooling around with flourishes and card collecting though...
I like cards.
lpmorgens
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of lpmorgens
Is the wallet the same as the 4-way secretary checkbook?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22055 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Everyone, take a look at www.magicmethods.com .
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Making A Card To Wallet (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL