The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lunch with a dead man... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Okay, here's the proverbial lunch with a dead man question...

If you could have lunch with any one person, living or dead, who would it be?

I'm tempted to say Mahatma Gahndi, but then again, he probably wouldn't eat much! That's such a crap joke. Anyway, my real answer is John Lennon. How about you?
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
P.T. Barnum
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Leonardo daVinci [and translator]
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Walt Disney. I would love for him to see the new technologies in Animation and to confront the Anti-Walt, Michael Eisner with a pink slip.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6679 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I always laugh when I hear this because I believe Max Maven was asked this question and he said something like "Bruce Cervon...dead."

:rotf:
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
HELEN OF TROY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Orson Welles
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Orson Wells was a great performer.. I remember all of his appearances on the Merv Griffin show as a kid.
Self concept is destiny..
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2004-07-13 12:51, Eric Starkey wrote:
Okay, here's the proverbial lunch with a dead man question...

If you could have lunch with any one person, living or dead, who would it be?

Osama Bin Laden, dead.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Gotta be— Bruce Lee. I'd follow lunch with a training session if possible...
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I think it would have to be with Red Skelton. He had to be one of the funniest guys back before my day.
Brian
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Lunch with my wife please - don't worry, she's not dead! But let's have it in a restaurant. We will be the only customers, and there on piano will be ERROL GARNER . . . playing my requests !
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Diamond Jim Brady, at least I know I won't walk away hungry.
Seriously, it would have to be my Father. I would have much to say to him and I would love to show him photo's of his Grandchildren, especially my Daughter.
A very close second would have to be Louis Berkie whom some of the Café' members know. Mr. Berkie had many Magician friends and was not only my boss but was a very dear friend as well. I never got to say goodbye and more important than that, I never told Berkie how much I Love him and what an influence he has been in my life. I miss him soooooo much.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Quote:
On 2004-07-13 19:24, Greg Arce wrote:
I always laugh when I hear this because I believe Max Maven was asked this question and he said something like "Bruce Cervon...dead."

Greg, I kind of had that story in mind when I posted this question - truly one of the best answers ever!
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Quote:
On 2004-07-13 13:44, darkrider wrote:
Walt Disney. I would love for him to see the new technologies in Animation and to confront the Anti-Walt, Michael Eisner with a pink slip.

Same here: for all the same reasons! I'd also just like to hear story ideas that he's had for 40 or so years.
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
S.W. Erdnase.

I'd lean over to the next table and ask Walt Disney how it feels to be cryogenically frozen.
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
Honestly not wishing to offend anyone, I would love to ask a certain first-century rabbi (over, I am sure, a kosher meal) to describe in his own words exactly what happened and what it was all about...
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
Saul/St.Paul?
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2004-07-14 13:02, ColinB wrote:
Honestly not wishing to offend anyone, I would love to ask a certain first-century rabbi (over, I am sure, a kosher meal) to describe in his own words exactly what happened and what it was all about...

I certainly am offended by your remark. We know who this first-century Rabbi is. Can't we just say Jesus without being offensive? We are not talking about a religion or philosophy but an historical person. Censorship is what offends me (unless I am doing the censoring).
I too thought about sharing a meal with Jesus but I think I would be too timid and a little guilt ridden to be very good company for him. Besides, I would be so busy asking questions I wouldn't get much to eat.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
Sorry I offended you, Iven. I kind of hoped the oblique way I posted my answer would help minimize any offense to anobody, whilst still indicating my own personal perspective, to some extent. Oh well.

That being said, I understand the name "Jesus" is the romanized/latinized form of the Hebrew name "Joshua" (or one of its variations), which is how Jesus would have been known to those around him and the name he would have answered to. I would therefore probably use that name.

"Censorship is what offends me (unless I am doing the censoring)." - I guess that was the stance I was adopting!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lunch with a dead man... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL