The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » De'vo's moves in Genii magazine-August issue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Clarence
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore, City Central, Scotts Road
146 Posts

Profile of Clarence
I thought there was a two handed SSS because the information was stated ( easy version ) for the public.

In my opinion, the SSS is never and not easy. I know the Killers DVD will be teaching the SSS. I was just asking if the book will be any different or not.

No offense bro, but I don't find anything funny with what I asked.
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
LOL Clarence has thousands of versions 2 handed SSS, that's way to go my boi. LOL

Method De' teaches in Genii was one of the easiest in his 7... yeah... I mean... Seven, but it's already very difficult.

8-o
B.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Quote:
On 2004-07-28 10:19, Clarence wrote:
I thought there was a two handed SSS because the information was stated ( easy version ) for the public.

It was NEVER stated 2 handed. Here is the requirements that are public:

SECOND CHALLENGE - SELF-STANDING SCULTPURE

The challenger must construct a self-standing sculpture. The sculpture must be created with one hand, and closed with one hand. Sculpture must consist of 4 or more packets. After the sculpture has been formed, it must not touch the finger tips, or be clipped in any way. At least 70% of the sculpture must be off of the hand. The other 30% can conform to the shape of your hand. It must stand on its own for at least 5 seconds with finger tips at least 1 inch away, and must collapse with all cards facing the same direction. The sculpture must be original to the artist performing.

The key phrase there is:
The sculpture must be created with one hand, and closed with one hand.

Hope this clears up your confusion. SSS's are not impressive with 2 hands. That's like making legos and letting go.lol

One handed. However I have seen plenty of SSS's done in both hands seperately then linked together. That is permissable. But not building a SSS in one hand using 2 hands.lol or building a SSS in two hands with two hands. If that makes sense. That would be a joke.

De'vo's Viereck is created with ONE hand, and like Bone stated, is one of his 7 methods of getting there. I've seen the SSS flip video he put out to the shadowers, where he takes the deck, and flips it in the air. With that one flip, it forms the SSS. Then he makes the minor adjustments and lets go. It's WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!

Phantom
Clarence
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Clarence
Thanks for the information Phantom. You sure did cleared up my confusion.

And woah! I didn't know it was one of De`vo's 7 methods of getting there. Nice to know! lol.

The SSS flip video must be just great. It sounds unreal. The shadowers must be really lucky to be able to see it. lol.

PS - Bone, I don't have any 2 handed methods for SSS, just for clarification.

Clarence.

By the way - SSS is one of the most difficult and toughest requirements. Even if you use two hands to form the shape, it still takes talent and work to make it stand on its own.
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
No, the SSS is one of the easiest. That's one I have NO probs with. Especially when using crossbars. Check De'vo's Genii instructions if you don't know what crossbars are.

Phantom
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
De'vo's SSS's is a hard one. there are MUCH easyer ones. De'vo knows about 100 of SSS's. and he says that it's sometimes easyer to make a SSS with 6 packs because it's more stable. the SSS (normal version) is a hard SSS compared to other ones.
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Quote:
On 2004-07-30 08:37, Burns wrote:
De'vo's SSS's is a hard one. there are MUCH easyer ones. De'vo knows about 100 of SSS's. and he says that it's sometimes easyer to make a SSS with 6 packs because it's more stable. the SSS (normal version) is a hard SSS compared to other ones.

Yep, that's correct. I have a 6 packet SSS that stands up very well. I can even shake my hand and it won't collapse. De'vo left clues to making SSSs in his new XCM forum on handlordz.

Phantom
Josh Allens
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
188 Posts

Profile of Josh Allens
I made one a while ago that was pretty easy. It took the shape of a triangle.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
A LOT of people do triangles. It's nothing new.
Josh Allens
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
188 Posts

Profile of Josh Allens
O Well. It still looks pretty cool though.
Imperistan
View Profile
Regular user
Holland
106 Posts

Profile of Imperistan
Yep, but try to use your fantasie. Imagine a Self standing Sculpture, with six or more packet, building it up one-handed. I you have an idea, try it yourself. That is real flourishing!

Imp
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Yep yep, check the XCM forum on handlordz to hear exactly what De'vo said for yourself!

Phantom
Clarence
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Clarence
Yea, that's provided if you have bigger hands right?
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I don't think so. De'vo's little one does it and he has very small hands.

Phantom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » De'vo's moves in Genii magazine-August issue (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL