The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Barry Walls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Due to season of work, I have not visited this thread for a while. I am surprised to see no mention of the death of Barry Walls.
Barry was the Grandad of the Fakir act over here in the UK, worked Circus, Fairground Booth and was well known and respected by all who try to preserve this type of vanishing entertainment.

He was also a great Fair and Circus painter having his artwork on Cottles and Roberts Circus flats,show signs and wagons.

I first met Barry when he worked for Jimmy Keyes, doing the Fire Eating come-on on the bally and performing the Pin Cushion five shows per hour in the tent for six pence a head.

The last time I saw him work was at the Roundhouse in Camden with the Circus of Horrors (again for Gerry Cottle). This time as the Baby Boy. but the act was still Fakir with fire eating and cheek piercing.

I owe a lot to his generosity and foreward thinking. He will be missed by those in the game. Did he ever write that book?

As he kept himself to himself, his private life was known only to a few, but without comment it was also very colourful. So if anyone out there has any information on Barry, his life and work, then please post. We should all share his memory.

Ken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Barry Walls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL