The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Just short of freezing in Barrow, AK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Erin Saoirse
View Profile
New user
Clemmons, NC
1 Post

Profile of Erin Saoirse
I know THIS is a long-shot, but I'll ask anyway. I have the chance to take the trip of my dreams (okay, you dream your way and I'll dream mine!) to Barrow, AK to photograph polar bears in the wild as well as see the Northern Lights (sure and after a few shots of Jameson's, I'll be seeing lights, allright!). For those of you unfamiliar with Barrow, it is the northernmost point of the US, 30 miles above the Arctic Circle (you think polars live in Tampa?).

ANYWAY, I got to talking with my guides and sorta mentioned I was a magician and he says "Great! We can use entertainment in February!" Needless to say, I've never performed in an Inupiat village before. Does anyone know or is anyone from Alaska? The magic I can handle, I just don't want to do something that would be offensive and have them throw me outside in sub zero weather!

What I have in mind is a variation on their custom of the blanket toss in miniature, using a small carved doll and a little blanket. Any ideas?
Can you say "Sayr-Shay?" 26+6+1
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Avoid stuff with liquids as the temperature there might mess it up...

DON'T do a water to ice effect... Not very strong considering...

Make fire appear BUT be careful when doing so...

Above all, HAVE FUN! And tell us all about it!

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Just short of freezing in Barrow, AK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL