The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Snowmachine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JohanStahl
View Profile
New user
Sweden, Uppsala
43 Posts

Profile of JohanStahl
Hi,

I´m having trouble with my snowmachine (Snowstorm in China). It just dosen´t work. It sounds perfect, just as it should, but there is no snow.

Anyone used with a snowmachin that could help me with the usual faults, before I send it away.

Thanks.

-Johan Ståhl-
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
Is anything coming out of the sock, even a dribble of liquid?
JohanStahl
View Profile
New user
Sweden, Uppsala
43 Posts

Profile of JohanStahl
No, nothing at all.
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
After it runs a bit, is the snow pellet still intact or partly disintegrated?
JohanStahl
View Profile
New user
Sweden, Uppsala
43 Posts

Profile of JohanStahl
Snow pellet?
I don´t know what that is.

Sorry, but I´m real good att swedish.
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
I'm a Swede as well, but I must be thinking of a different machine.
C. J. Anderson
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5696 Posts

Profile of Regan
I'm confused. I have a snow machine but it does not use pellets nor a sock. I may be thinking of something different. If you're talking about a snow machine that uses "snow" fluid then it may be that the nozzle is clogged.

Regan
Mister Mystery
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
I'm confused too. There is an effect called "Snowstorm in China" but several products that produce that effect. The one I know uses pellets, but that's obviously not what you've got. The "sock and liquid" device must be another. So, pray tell: What brand machine do you have?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5696 Posts

Profile of Regan
I do the "Snowstorm In China" routine, but I thought Johan was talking about an electric "Snow Machine" that uses a liquid "snow" fluid. (A device similar to a fog machine).
Maybe you could be a little more specific Johan, I might could help you.

Regan
Mister Mystery
JohanStahl
View Profile
New user
Sweden, Uppsala
43 Posts

Profile of JohanStahl
Quote:
On 2004-07-18 19:09, Mister Mystery wrote:
I thought Johan was talking about an electric "Snow Machine" that uses a liquid "snow" fluid.

Yes, he was.

Mister Mystery, so if it is the problem you wrote about earlier, is there a "cure"?
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
Electric snow machines have a piece of black material fixed to the front nozzle that the foamy liquid travels through. The material "sock" acts as dispersment creating little "flakes" instead of one big glob of foam. It looks similar to a little windsock, coming to a point at the end.

Here are pictures of electric snow machines with "socks on the front"...
http://www.theatrefx.com/store/commerce.......machines
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5696 Posts

Profile of Regan
I didn't know it was called a sock.

This is what my owner's manual says:
If you experience noise, low output, or no output at all, unplug immediately. Check fluid level, external fuse, remote connection, and power from the wall. If all this appears to be ok, plug the unit in again. If snow does not come out after holding down the remote button for 30 seconds, check the hose attached to the tank to make sure there is fluid going through the hose. If you are unable to determine the problem, do not continue pushing the remote button, as this may damage the unit. Return the machine to the dealer."

Here are some other tips:
Do not use outdoors or in wet conditions.
Use caution when filling tank, spilled liquid that enters unit can cause damage.
Store snow machine upright.
Mine will only operate at up to a 15 degree level of inclination.
Allow free air space around unit's vents to avoid damage to the machine.
Only use high quality snow liquid (Mine uses water-based fluid) Other liquids (besides water) can damage the unit.
Make sure tank is sufficiently filled with snow liquid. (Running the machine with no fluid can cause permanent damage.
Do not allow the snow fluid to become contaminated.
Always replace the cap on the tank and the fluid container immediately after filling.
Before storing, flush out the system with clean water.

Since it sounds ok , maybe its not damaged. It seems like it could be a clogged or kinked hose.

I would try draining the tank and see if some warm, distilled water would clean out the hose. Just don't run it to death if it doesn't come through. Also make sure the hose is not kinked or twisted. Mine says it has no servicable parts inside, but I'm sure you could check the hose and even detach it and try cleaning it if you think it is clogged and the water still won't come through. Just make sure the machine is unplugged before you remove the cover. You might try cleaning the sock also.

I sure hope this helps.

Regan
Mister Mystery
JohanStahl
View Profile
New user
Sweden, Uppsala
43 Posts

Profile of JohanStahl
Thanks everyone!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Snowmachine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL