The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best effects to draw a crowd? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1769 Posts

Profile of SIX
What effects would draw a crowd?
I use the fire wallet any other ideas?
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
A fire wallet sure does draw attention! In my experience, nothing draws a crowd like a crowd. The other day, I was simply working with my shells in some "downtime." I was not doing this for anyone other than me, just trying different variations of my routine, not talking, just mixing the shells. A couple walked up to see, and asked to see this. Within a few minutes 4 or 5 more people were watching. Then 5 turned 5 more in... etc. Show started.

Of course, I was initially only playing to two people, and had them involved. Getting that first couple of people is the key... again, in my experience.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1769 Posts

Profile of SIX
Well I live in New York City I don't think to many people will just stop that's why I need to grab there attention and I don't have a table I might get a ticket.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Do strolling magic instead. Setting up a table may get you in trouble.

a Flaming Wallet attracts attention, anything that has to do with fire is an attention grabber.
Long Distance Spinner with cards
floating objects with an ITR also gets people to watch.
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
DynamiteAssassin: I don't think that many people will take kindly to someone walking up to them and asking them if they "wanna see somethin'." Especially not in New York City.

Get a street performing license, if you need one. They don't cost too much. Get a cheap table. Do cups & balls, or some simple card flourishes.
BronxRican
View Profile
New user
bronx ny
25 Posts

Profile of BronxRican
SIX says: "Well I live in New York City I don't think to many people will just stop that's why I need to grab there attention and I don't have a table I might get a ticket."

-i also live in nyc. believe me people WILL stop. go to times square and there are tons of tourists looking for people just like you. if you want to get a crowd I suggest you get a license because if cops approach you then you have a problem. the best thing to get a quick crowd is to do some flashy flourishes. levitation effects also work.

hope this helps

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1769 Posts

Profile of SIX
How do I get a license?
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
A VERY beautiful assistant! LOL
Cheers,
J.Warrens
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
Run down the street naked yelling my clothes disappeared. you might even get a chance to do a handcuff escape. All infront of a large crowd.....I'll be back I'm going to go try this.

Well I got of the cuffs but the crowd dwindled I guess this might not work
TheHungryMagician
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TheHungryMagician
Neon colors! Long distance spinner with Jumbo cards!
Fire walking would work. Also, if you're going for large crowds, a street performer I saw in Boston used crowd psycology (<-- spelling, but I'm in a rush) like gathering near a tall building and telling everybody to shout first, "Don't jump!" then, "Jump!" and finally half "Jump!" and half, "Don't jump!"
Forever starving,
Smile Hungry Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best effects to draw a crowd? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL