We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Phrases that really annoy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mattmann101
View Profile
New user
Blackburn, Lancashire (of 4000 holes)
27 Posts

Profile of mattmann101
"Near-miss"

I'm a bit off topic here, but this phrase annoys me a lot.

Near-miss? surely then you hit?

I think it's the fact that it's incorrect that annoys me, not the fact that I hear it all the time, though come to think of it . . .
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
Michael
I would like to nominate a whole book to this topic Slight of Mouth I will spare the writer (see Daytona Magic). I hate canned lines in magic shows it just shows how un-creative some magicians can be with there patter.
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
"Could someone please tell me what I should think?"
diamondjack
View Profile
New user
orlando,fl
59 Posts

Profile of diamondjack
I always hate it when people say "you cant have your cake and eat it too."

why not? its my cake!! the correct phrase is:
you cant EAT your cake and HAVE it too! (because you've eaten it already)
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
We weren't ten minutes into the September 11th attack before I heard that lisping dullard, Barbara Walters, start ratchet-jawing about "closure."

Every time I hear a journalist use this term, they immediately go into the "doesn't reasearch/doesn't think/boilerplate stimulant-response" category. The pallid unoriginality on the part of magicians is nothing compared to the Los Angeles Times and their incoherent progeny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Phrases that really annoy (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL