The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I Want MY MONEY BACK! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Actually I want all my money back...all of it...every dime.

But what have you bought where you actually DID ask for your money back?

Me: We went to Knott's Berry farm once a couple of years ago and the two rides we really liked were closed so..."I want my money back!" We did and went to Disney instead.

That really crappy Bat Man movie with Jim Carey as a sissy Riddler...I WANT MY MONEY BACK! Got it and rented tapes.

You?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I would really like my money back for my flash appearing table (the little 30 dollar ones) because someone wasn't paying attention at rehearsals for a talent show, tripped over it, and the top broke off of the base. Not really what you were looking for...haha.

Daniel Santos
If it is to be, it is up to me.
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
I sometimes want the licence fee back when you see what the BBC is putting out!
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Me and friends bought pizzas,fries,drinks and had them delivered.

We ate everything and rang them to tell it was horrible and we got our money back.

We cant go there again now

Shame, because I loved thier food.... Smile

We ate for free....
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
I get people like this in the restaurant more often than not. We all loose commission, tips and service charges when it's not even our falt. However, there is usually a price to pay. Like Kukram said he won't be able to go back to the place where he ate.
The staff aren't stupid, if it's a geniune complaint then yes we understand but I look at the people who don't and tend to think that "what go's around, come around!".

If you do complain try and be nice and we try to go out of our way to be even nicer back. Otherwise just tell all your family and friends how bad the the place, movie or even magic trik is.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The retail industry gets a lot of that stuff...not cool.
It is fairly common to have women return clothes the next day or week...stained in the worst places and say they just didn't fit or whatever...yeah right...of course it is AFTER the party or the concert they wore than to. Many times these items are just put back on the shelf by the staff.
UH.
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
Quote:
On 2004-07-19 08:29, Dizzy wrote:
I get people like this in the restaurant more often than not. We all loose commission, tips and service charges when it's not even our falt. However, there is usually a price to pay. Like Kukram said he won't be able to go back to the place where he ate.
The staff aren't stupid, if it's a geniune complaint then yes we understand but I look at the people who don't and tend to think that "what go's around, come around!".

If you do complain try and be nice and we try to go out of our way to be even nicer back. Otherwise just tell all your family and friends how bad the the place, movie or even magic trik is.

Bravo!
We get those cheap A-holes in my restaurant all the time, don't come out the trailer lot I reckon...
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Just wondering how many "I want my money back" feelings if truly analysed, are really due to "I made the wrong decision, or the wrong purchase".

One that sticks in my throat (that I let go.) Back in the 90s one of my kids took music lessons at school. I bought quite an expensive clarinet for him. Initially very pleased, all seemed to be going well. Then I suddenly realised after about six months the teacher was writing the note letters over the Stave (the music dots) instead of teaching him to read the dots. They had even given him a certificate of achievement (which I had to let him keep). But I knew they were cheating him (and me). Tried complaining to the school, the organisation that employed the teacher. No joy, and I didn't want to "rock the boat" at the time. These days I would have sunk the B****y boat!

Which brings me onto another topic which I'll thread separately, - about the legality of expressing feelings about people on the Internet.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2004-07-19 05:15, kukram wrote:
Me and friends bought pizzas,fries,drinks and had them delivered.

We ate everything and rang them to tell it was horrible and we got our money back.

We cant go there again now

Shame, because I loved thier food.... Smile

We ate for free....

If I was that delivery man I would have come back to your place with a baseball bat.

You sure would be laughing after that.....

Chris
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
I would like SOME of my money back from British Airways. In booking the last two flights online for a family trip to the UK, the system gave an “incorrect credit card address” error. We called their customer helpline the next day, and found it was actually because BA put a limit on the number of tickets you can buy online with one credit card at any one time (though they don’t tell you this). When we then ordered the remaining two tickets verbally, we were told that, in the meantime, there was now only one “discounted” seat left and the other ticket would be $500 more expensive!!!

Not only that, this morning we recieved an e-mail ad from BA bragging about their new low prices on flights to the UK, and found that the other flights we booked are now $300 cheaper overall, but this only applies to "new" bookings, so we can't get those new prices.

Still, it was nice of them to let us know...
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Can't you cancel the whole mess and buy it again with a different purchase or different card??
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
The tickets are non-refundable, unfortunately. It's the kind of gamble you take when you try and go for these "discounted" flights, but it's galling nevertheless. BA seems to get away with writing its own rule book on this kind of thing. We were directed to their online complaints procedure, which turned out to be a FAX number, so we FAXed our copmplaint/plea, though from bitter experience I don't hold out much hope. In any other industry...
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Non-refundable....Those catches suck.

I was gonna say that if they were refundable you might try cancelling then going with United or something? Might have been cheaper?

Chris
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2135 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I've heard of people in restaraunts, after cleaning their entire plate, announcing that the food was utterly horrible, but since they have a strong ethic against wasting food, they ate it anyhow.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I Want MY MONEY BACK! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL