The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Would you say that the card magic of ed marlo would be a better book in teaching card magic compared to allan ackerman's las vegas kardma?
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1248 Posts

Profile of MagicT
I would say that they are both two different styles of writing. Marlo's books have been harder to read due to the fact that there is a lot of text and not too many photos or illustrations. I do, however, recommend Marlo's books. Remember, Ackerman was a Marlo student, so he too learned from Marlo. (You will not go wrong either way.)

It All Begins With M-A-R-L-O!

Best,
Trini Montes
Trini Montes
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
If you are a beginner start with something like Royal Road to Card Magic if you have not already read it. It is one of the foundations of card magic.

I was also a Marlo student and I can tell you that I wouldn't start with Ed's stuff as a beginner. His earlier books are fine or the new Revolution Card Technique is a great book to build on the fundementals.

But some of the other books are good for intermediate level and up. Of course if you ever see Ed's books at a good price, don't hesitate to get them now because they are becoming harder and harder to find.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Thanks for your replies
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL