The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » One Handed Coin Vanish? (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10760 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
MB UP, UP, and away......fly sky rocks.......

charlie informed me you were releasing your latest, congrasts looks great
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6840 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Marion's is the closest I have seen to what Mickey described. I have a one-handed vanish. I "accidentally" drop the coin on the floor. I scoot it under my shoe in picking it up, and it instantly vanishes! No transfers! The idea is to believe you have the coin in your hand. Smile

Doug
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27122 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 16:19, Dougini wrote:
.. I have a one-handed vanish. I "accidentally" drop the coin on the floor. I scoot it under my shoe in picking it up, and it instantly vanishes! No transfers! The idea is to believe you have the coin in your hand. Smile

Doug

That reads like the item on page 21 in Bobo's book. When you don't have a carpeted floor the method in Bobo's on page 20 or 96 is a winner. John V. Hope did something like the method on page 98 very well.

If you own a Platt Blackout and suitable tee/sweater - try the item on page 3 figure 1 blackout toward the audience so they see your hand truly empty both front and back. IE Downs Palm plus BA makes DP go invisible. You can hide more behind there if you are careful, Same for EG Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
MB's "quickie tricky" is my favorite of his. Love that vanish, Marion!

Jim
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4018 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Anyone use the One Hand Coin Vanish from the Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights? It uses a nice way of transferring a coin from Back clip to Angle (i.e. Drobina) palm.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6840 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Oh, man! Back clips and back palms! I never got the hang of that! The Angle Palm and the Nowhere Palm are awesome! Mike I gotta get a set of those DVD's. I don't have a VHS player any more. You're right, The Encyclopedia is a MUST-HAVE! I can't do without that. I'll be in touch! Smile

I also do a one-handed vanish. It's hard to describe. I show the coin in my left hand. I slowly close my fingers over the coin. I open and re-show it. Close the fingers over the coin and turn the hand over. The coin is worked to the edge of the fingers, so 95% of the coin is OUTSIDE. It is dropped into the other hand doing a gesture, or something like that.

It appears that the hand with the coin never left their sight. Of course, it vanishes. I don't know where I learned that, and the dropped coin under the shoe. I've done it so long...LONG before video and DVD's. The 70's I think. A one-handed vanish can be done at a table, with lapping. I like the idea of the Blackout. That's a new method to me.

Doug
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 22:46, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Anyone use the One Hand Coin Vanish from the Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights? It uses a nice way of transferring a coin from Back clip to Angle (i.e. Drobina) palm.

Dr. Mike,

I try this fairly often but man oh man can I ever flub those moves! Back clips are not a specialty of mine, to say the least! And moving the coin from there causes me to chase my coin around the floor as much as anything!

Thanks!

Jim
Bjarne
View Profile
New user
Norway
53 Posts

Profile of Bjarne
Thanks MB. That could definitely be used. You rock big time. Could you recommend any book or video that teaches the details?
Bjarne
View Profile
New user
Norway
53 Posts

Profile of Bjarne
I just realized that I never posted the link to spoontang's video. Here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sqoWNIPbqc
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8767 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks so much guys, glad you like my old "One & Only" here. Smile It's a fun one to do and always amazes. Smile

And Bj, I love that old spoontang 3 Fly vid, a lot of nice stuff there. Reminds me a lot of Justin Miller's work with his Silver Dream as to the vanishes. Nice!

Anyway, as to your request here, your wish is my command...Open Sesame: Smile

http://www.vinnymarini.com/download/oneandonly.html

-Mb
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Lovely work as always Marion Smile
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
This post really rocks. This got me writing Mr. Silver (Mick) to encourage him to make himself known by DVD's. Also,
I just about have two new OHV's developed, as a result. One is with a small coin--very, very clean. The other is with a large
coin (half to dollar size). It is so easy to get so used to an impromptu vanish, that even as coin nuts, we often ignore going
beyond this.
THIS POST IS MAXIMALLY SUPERB AND MAY LEAD TO A NUMBER OF COIN VANISH REVOLUTIONS: READER BEWARE!

thanks guys, and MB, you need more DVD exposure as well.
Bjarne
View Profile
New user
Norway
53 Posts

Profile of Bjarne
MB, I think you and Justin Miller will be TV stars in my home pretty soon. And I'll run around picking up Morgan dollars ;-)
Thanks a lot
Dandin
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Dandin
One of the best vanishes can be found in Bobo's. It looks like Fickle Nickle.
kardini
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
141 Posts

Profile of kardini
Jeff Stewart & Meir Yedid’s NOW-U-C-IT, NOW-U-DON’T
THE BEST!!
website 2017 - http://www.kardini.com.br
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6840 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2019, kardini wrote:
Jeff Stewart & Meir Yedid’s NOW-U-C-IT, NOW-U-DON’T...

That really is undoubtedly one of the best...along with Fickle Nickle. I'd say Mickey has done it. One hand, Coin Thru The Table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dESTAO6Hl6o

Thoughts?

Doug
ottphd
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of ottphd
Undoubtedly the best!
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
735 Posts

Profile of equivoque
People are selling instructions for this. Do you need any props? Special Nickle?
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1293 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Just a Fickle Nickel hehe.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10760 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Https://youtu.be/0ZFfWwKtDG4 a very old video of me demonstration my one handed con vanish sorry for the bad video

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » One Handed Coin Vanish? (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL