We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Publicity Stunt IDEAS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I am looking ideas on what to do for a publicity stunt. Basically I do a lot of travelling and want something relatively simple and cheap but effective. I do work in a lot of theatres out of town, and I think this would be a good idea to attract the local media.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The old standby is the headline prediction. It gives you two shots at the media. The first news is making the prediction and the second is when the prediction is checked against the headline.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Another good one is the "HOUDINI STRAIT JACKET ESCAPE" yes the capitals are to get the attention of the local papers. Great effect and to do it in front of City Hall or the main Police Station gets attention.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Magic Grandpa
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Magic Grandpa
Magic Grandpa Here:

It depends where you're performing. Assuming it's America, you'll need to more sophisticated in the North East area. Same with most of West coast. I have found you can get away with real simpleton type stuff in the south. Things that would never fly in cosmopolitan areas. There are still areas there that belive in Voo Doo and third-world crud. You can use it to your advantage. I have.

So, where are your shows going to be? I'll give some good stuff that's worked for me.
I'm old as dirt; that's why there's no picture of me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Publicity Stunt IDEAS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL