The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The Most Important Thing in Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
How many times have you gone to a concert - then sang all the songs with the performer and all the way home?

-------------------------------------------
Lots of times, how many times have you done this in front of an audience?
-------------------------------------------

How many times have you tried to tell every joke and reinact every bit that you saw a comedian perform onstage?

--------------------------------------------
To friends and aquaintences, never in front of a paying audience, wel okay maybe once or twice.
---------------------------------------------

How many times have you told your friends about every scene in a movie and quoted the actors lines? Go Ahead ---- Make my day

This would make a pretty dull act. There is a whole lot of differance between telling a friend about a movie and lifting entire sequences, if not the whole act, from a performer.

So why in the world would we think that everyone who goes to see our acts, aren't going to descibe or try to duplicate what they've seen????

I know they want to, that's why I tend to gear everything to my character so if they try to steal a bit they generally fall flat on their faces.

"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Okay, I've read every post on this thread and I still have no idea how Randy Wakeman knew that I have an Uncle Bob.

Sid Mayer

(All I ask is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy.)
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Just a lucky guess, Sid. Chanes were good it was "Uncle Bob" or "Uncle Buck." They both ask you to pull on their index fingers--
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The Most Important Thing in Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL