The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » CONVENIENT THREAD HOOK-UP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
I was wondering if you guys could help me. What is the best way/cleanest to be able to, impromptu at a moments notice, float a bill.

I was looking a Z Webs and ITR's, but I'd like to stay away from the ITR's because I have to break the thread each time - and that could get quite costly!

Any thoughts or suggestions to find the right hook-up would be greatly appreciated!!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Loops are fantastic, VERY easily accessible, and the spectator can actually take the bill out of the air and you're clean. A strand of actual invisible thread about 5-6 ft long with two bits of wax and the Fearson hookup is very very nice if you want the bill to move around from hand to hand and through a hoop made with your hands.
jalsing
View Profile
New user
Allen, TX
89 Posts

Profile of jalsing
I've never HAD to break the thread using ITR.

-Jason
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thanks for the responses.

Actually, let me add that the reason I can't use loops is that I need both of my hands/arms free while the item is floating.

Any ideas??
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
You're going to want a 2 point horizontal hookup. Look at Ammar's DvD set on Easy to Master Thread Miracles and look for his floating bill, that will teach you what you need to know.
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thanks twistedace.

Would this be easy to just walk into in an impromptu situation?

Also - does anyone have experience with the Z Webs?
Nikos
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Nikos
Actually Leclair's method is much more impromptu than the 2 point hook-up that Ammar uses. With Ammar's method you need to setup in advance and are restricted to performing where you established the setup.
I would suggest checking out the demo of the "Whose Afraid of Invisble Thread" by Jon Le Clair. There is a demo available here: http://www.mymagic.com/leclair.htm. Le Clair performs IT work in a restaurant totally impromptu.
Ammar does mention and perform and explain the Le Clair hook-up on Vol 2 of his Easy To Master Thread Magic DVD series.
Jon Le Clair's DVD shows more real world use + it comes with putty( for hook-up) and thread.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » CONVENIENT THREAD HOOK-UP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL