The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ingenuities OR Card Classics of Ken Krenzel? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Elmsley4
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Elmsley4
What are the opinions on these two books? It seems like there is more value and strong material in Card Classics. What do you think? Any ideas concerning Aronson's books? Which one (out of all of them) would be the one worth getting?

All the best!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
My vote goes to Ken Krenzel's three books "The Card Classics of Ken Krenzel", "Ingenuities", and "Close-Up Impact!" because I always enjoyed his speciall brand of magic.
Many good and different effects can be found in these books.
If you like cardmagic you should get them.
All of them are equal good IMHO.
Highly recommended reading.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have Ingenuities and must admit it is an interesting read and some of the effects will excite you. I must also admit however, that it's one of those books that I have liked but have not taken any usable material from. I still think it is a good book however.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
The two books really can't be compared. Ingenuities has a focus of impromptu kind of self-working effects. Card Classics is some of the stuff Ken made famous due to his technique and presentation. I like both but for different reasons.

I would disagree with emeyers99 as there are many books that I have that I don't do any of the material. I have learned something from everyone of my books that his in some way made me a better magician. It might be an approach, a technique, a nuance to something. I think anybook you study will improve you as a magician and if you can get a routine or two out of it too, what a bonus!
Coram Deo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ingenuities OR Card Classics of Ken Krenzel? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL