The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 7 Keys to baldpate... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
finmag
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of finmag
I just found this rather old thread and thought I would take a very late moment to clear up any confusion.

Commenting on relevent comments in order are...

This effect can be done with almost any type of lock. The "Paramount Principle" can be applied to most locks. Most commonly, magicians and performers use padlocks. Thus, the original effect is with a padlock. That is why a padlock is included. If you wanted to do this effect with a locked house or room, a dead bolt or door knob would be included.

There is no lock switch invovled with the effect. It is clean and simple. If you really wanted to, you could use the lock to lock up your equipment or bike or whatever. The original padlock version is a 2" solid brass Guard padlock.

The presentation mentioned was with 5 keys yet it comes with 6 keys (all the keys are different). This allows for many, many different possible presentations making it extremely versatile. The standard effect is of course the old one where 4 spectators have free choice of any key. Each one tries their key and the lock does not work. (If your presentation allows for it, any or all of the spectators can try their key as many times as they like). The 5th and last remaining key opens the lock (no key or lock switch required).

My personal favourite presentation is very simple and only uses 2 keys with the lock (no switches required). The spectator is given one padlock and 2 keys. They try the keys in the lock and see that only one key operates the lock. The lock is locked, the spectator holds the key that does not work tight in their fist. The performer holds the key that does work tight in his (or her) fist. A quick Howie Mandel fist bump and the keys trade places. Now the spectator is holding the key that works and the performer is holding the key that does not work. The spectator (or a second spectator) tries the keys themselves to verify this. No switches involved and the trick starts and ends with the spectator trying the keys.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
...and is there a current link to the product anywhere, who sells it, how much and etc??
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Quote:
On 2011-01-13 02:34, finmag wrote:
My personal favourite presentation is very simple and only uses 2 keys with the lock (no switches required). The spectator is given one padlock and 2 keys. They try the keys in the lock and see that only one key operates the lock. The lock is locked, the spectator holds the key that does not work tight in their fist. The performer holds the key that does work tight in his (or her) fist. A quick Howie Mandel fist bump and the keys trade places. Now the spectator is holding the key that works and the performer is holding the key that does not work. The spectator (or a second spectator) tries the keys themselves to verify this. No switches involved and the trick starts and ends with the spectator trying the keys.

finmag,

I've read and re-read your post several times now and must admit that I am baffled at what strikes me as your decision to take a classic effect in mentalism and turn it into a "Look, the keys just changed places" piece of "throw-away" magic. Seems to me that one of us has completely missed the point/premise of the effect -- and I don't think it's me. Am I wrong?
Dick Christian
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I have to agree with Dick. Sounds more like "The Hippity Hop Keys" than mentalism. And it seems to literally scream "trick lock."

Good thoughts,

Bob
iam4ft3
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
5 Posts

Profile of iam4ft3
I have the other version of K-e-Rect I know it as Crook Lock or Seven Keys to Baldplate. Looking to sell at magicwsm@aol.com
Thanks
Irwin
Yes I am a magician 38 years and I am a little person 4ft3in tall living in New Orleans.
Irwin Royes
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Mr. im4ft 3

What are you asking for this trick ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 7 Keys to baldpate... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL