The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Family Travel - Cruising (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Does anyone here know of cruise magicians who travel with their family. I have been working up a production for the cruise lines, but would need to travel some of the gigs with my wife and two young children. I'm not even sure if its possible. How do the cruise lines feel about this? Should I maybe go a different direction for a while?

Thanks,
Richard
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Hi Richard
My work is pretty much all cruise ship work. I travel with my wife but she is part of my act, I also work solo on shorter cruises. We are generally out there about 9 months of the year.
You will have to check with each cruise line as they all have different ideas on guests.
Some entertainers DO take their family but they are all part of the show. You will need to do 2 different 50 minute acts as that is what is expected of entertainers.

Some cruise lines (the one I work for) will NOT allow any guests to travel with entertainers UNDER the age of 18 so your kids wouldn't be allowed on that line. I know of another line we work for that ONLY allows 2 weeks out of every month for a family member to travel. Usually it is one guest per performer unless of course they are part of your act.

I know of one entertainer who travels with his wife and child, they all play a part in his show.

Keep in mind that your guests will be expected to pay aprox. $15 per day for each guest plus port taxes.
Again, some lines don't charge for a guest but again they can only travel 2 weeks out of every month.

Hope this helps a bit, the best advice is to contact each line individualy.
Regards
Paul Romhany
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Family Travel - Cruising (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL