The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The complete works of derek dingle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I did a rough search on the internet in where you can still have access to this great book. On one site, http://magic.obsolite.com/toc/completeworksdingle.php , it says it is 219 pages; however, on this site http://www.hanklee.net/cgi-bin/quikstore.cgi?product=BK0092&category=&detail=yes&search=yes, it says it's only 200 pages. Is it the same book?
pxs
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of pxs
It is 219 pages. I am sure they are the same book. Why don't you email hank lee?
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Because I have to make a decision these few days. I am afraid that they won't reply on time.
paulduggan
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of paulduggan
E-mail him anyway. If he doesn't reply in time you haven't lost much. If you don't email he definitely won't reply.
It was a good battle, and they nearly won.
magicmancas
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of magicmancas
If that doesn't work it shows up on EBAY once in a while
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
I just emailed Hank Lee...the book is not available...
I think I've tried emailing almost every online store...and they all replied that the book is not available..
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
I will probably get bashed for this but just for the heck of it I don't think this book is so special. I have it for a few years now - was never excited when I first read it (when I was into card magic). then I was not excited when I read it for the second time (when I was still into card magic) and I was not excited when I read it the third time ( when I left card magic).
it is one of those books that gets high prices in the second hand market just because it is out of print.
I guess this is also why I keep my copy... even though it gathers dust...
just my opinion

N.
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Lolz...
Nir,
Just out of curiosity...what's wrong with the book in your opinion?? Is it that the tricks aren't that great or what??
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Try the Genii site !
Kaufman had a great pile of the book at Blackpool .
I agree with the above post though. I don't rate it very highly.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
This book shows up regularly on eBay and usually sells for between $35-50.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
870 Posts

Profile of e-man
I Have only seen other magicians do Poor Charlie,out of that entire book,and only twice in my life.I hear people talk of his effects often,never see them do it,Myself included.I think Derek Dingle does it.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I do 5 of the effects from the book on a regular basis. And at least another half dozen are regular fall backs...... They are simply marvelous pieces...But in all honesty, I am glad to hear it disparaged... keep pearls from swine as it were...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I was just surfing eBay today and I found this book up for auction. If you are interested in this book, do a search under "Dingle COMPLETE WORKS 1st Edition Signed by Kaufman NR!". The auction is up on August 4th and is currently at $00.99.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
271 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Quote:
On 2004-07-22 12:46, eddieloughran wrote:
Try the Genii site !
Kaufman had a great pile of the book at Blackpool .
I agree with the above post though. I don't rate it very highly.

FYI, Kaufman per e-mail said they are out of print so he is out of them at this time.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
190 Posts

Profile of atrudo
I had the book and ended up selling it. If you know exactly what you are getting it's probably fine but I didn't really find anything that special in it for me. That's not to say it won't be valuable to someone else.
Yiannis
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago USA
349 Posts

Profile of Yiannis
If you are seriously into card magic, you don't want to miss this book. The material in cards is top notch and the effects are very commercial. Derek Dingle was one of the top card men and highly respected by his peers. If you can get this book, don't miss it!
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
735 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I got my copy off Ebay and I loved it.If you like the Triumph effect then you will like this book!
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Good book, not great.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Thanks for your inputs everybody!
Magic Dave
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Magic Dave
Illusion Aces and the Maestro's Poker Deal are winners.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The complete works of derek dingle? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL