The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Bony Hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cosermann
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
143 Posts

Profile of cosermann
I have bony hands/fingers. If I hold up my hand with the fingers together I can see through gaps at the base of all fingers. Any way to overcome this when, say, palming cards? They tend to flash between my fingers.

Regards,
Regards,
Eric
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
My friend has extremely boney hands too. I tried slightly overlapping his fingers into what seem to be descending steps. Just slightly , just so that the windows are minimized. I also sugest the Gamblers Cop,and the Tenkai Palm.

Good luck,

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
You can either misdirect them or improvise by using another sleight.. Smile

I have huge fingers but when I close them together, I too have gaps.. Smile
cosermann
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
143 Posts

Profile of cosermann
I'm not familiar with the Gamblers Cop, or the Tenkai Palm. I'll check Royal Road to Card Magic and Expert Card Technique as I have these. If I don't find them there what would be good sources for these sleights?

Alternate sleights and/or misdirection seem like the best alternatives. Overlapping my fingers or squeezing them together to eliminate gaps has an unnatural look.

Regards,
Regards,
Eric
JCaelum
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of JCaelum
Lateral palm is good also if you have skinny fingers. lennart green goes quite into detail about lateral palming in volume 1 of his dvd set. for table performaces it is very natural looking and it has no bearing whether you have skinny and fat fingers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Bony Hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL