The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Cumberland Spaceman - any suggestions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
Somebody call James Randi! It could be a Mysteron, in that case call Spectrum. A joke for those across the pond.
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
If you look at the full picture, you will see that the horizon is tilted. The man is not leaning; the photo was taken at an angle.

Also, that is not a spacesuit. If you look at the close-up picture in Photoshop and zoom in, you will see that it is a balding man with dark hair facing away from the camera. You will also be able to see all the details of the man's balding head (at the top), his hair (which was thought to be a space helmet), and, his right ear.

The arm is not stretched backwards, as was suggested. It is simply a balding man with his hand on his hip, facing away from the camera.

As to why the photographer didn't see the man, there are several possible explanations. Perhaps the photographer was looking through the camera for 30 seconds or so, while the other man was walking by. When the photographer took the picture, perhaps the lens he looked through didn't show the entire picture, so he didn't see the top, where the man was.

To anyone who has doubts, just zoom in on the close-up picture and see for yourself.

Shane Wiker (Solving one mystery at a time)
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Well observed S,hane it is indeed a man looling down slightly to his right, you can actually define the shoulder blades.Also , if you are using a range finder camera as opposed to an SLR, you do not see what the lens actually captures.
Nice one...now....what about those photos of the first alleged moon landing ?

Howard
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
Someone standing facing away from the camera. Yep, I can go with that, certainly from the position of the right arm. Having done some zooming I'm not sure about the bald headed man. And what is he wearing, or not wearing?

Is he an albino out sunbathing, or is he pioneering a white jump suit?
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Dr Chutney,
Most Englishmen when they remove their shirt for the first exposure to the Summer sun do indeed look like albinos ! I notice the dark area on the head of the man seems practically a near rectangle, could be something on the lens which hides the back of the persons head. Also in true Englishman fashion..the guy could be wearing the ubiquitous "handkerchief knoted at each corner" LoL

Howard
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
SO...ColinB...that proves it's not me!

1. I'm not balding.

2. I never put my hand on my hip.

Thanks Shane for clearing my name.

:)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
Darn! I'd have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those pesky kids...

(Cue "Scooby Doo" music)
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
It's "meddling" kids, Colin, not "pesky".

(Scooby Doo fan mode off)
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
Darn! I'd have gotten away with THAT too, if it weren't for that meddling Scott Cram...

;-)
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I thought that was Scott AND Cram...
Never trust an avatar.

:)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Quote:
On 2004-08-08 10:45, Scott Cram wrote:
It's "meddling" kids, Colin, not "pesky".

(Scooby Doo fan mode off)

Actually, in, "A Pup Named Scooby Doo," They say pesky instead of meddling.

(Freakishly observent mode off)

Shane Wiker
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Cumberland Spaceman - any suggestions? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL