The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Milson Worth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
How many of you collect and or own any of the great Milson Worth items?

I have a Milson Worth wand, mint, still in the original wrapping paper. It's so nice I'm afraid to actually use it Smile

They sure don't make magic like that anymore!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I think the Pom Pom Pole I have is an old Milson Worth...haven’t really been able to place it with a maker with any degree of certainty yet. It’s big...over a foot, and large diameter, too. Heavy chrome/nickle, breaks in half as usual. There are 3 initials stamped into the metal of the collar that connects the 2 halves. Can anyone identify this as a M/W product?

Steve Thomas Smile
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
I feel that Milson-Worth Items are a good collectible for us people who want to collect magic but do not want to spend a fortune everytime we buy a piece. I was lucky to be able to buy some of the more rare pieces at a time when they were affordable and now I pick up the ones that are more common. I feel that MW will fetch good prices in about 5 years from now. I love his decorations and I am always looking to buy items. Smile
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
I have Milson Worth's Lightbulb Penetration. A very great piece of magic!
rexgetz
View Profile
New user
Manhattan, Ks.
84 Posts

Profile of rexgetz
I have a mint condition Milson Worth Die tube. Anyone interested is this for your collection?
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Rexgetz,
I PM'd you.
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Even the "little" (read> relatively low-priced) items by Milson-Worth are great.
Examples include the "new" version of Jack Hughes Last Card and the venereable (simple) Card in Balloon.

If you need something made custom, be prepared for a l-o-n-g wait, but it's worth it! (no pun Smile )
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hello Steve.
I had a Milson's Worth silk caddy. It was so beautifully made that I could not use it in my show.
I kept for 6 years and finally sold it to Ron.
It was a thing of beauty.
I still have Milson's Worth small dye box which is also well made.
Richard Lyn.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there, I just picked up a squeeze block by Milson Worth. Its a really nice piece and I have been wanting to get one for a long time. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
joespc
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of joespc
I had their Vanishing Bird Cage and Multiplying Candles (Lloyd type). The craftsmanship was great. I believe I still have one of their catalogs.
BrianJ
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of BrianJ
I collect M-W and have probably between 20-30 effects. Workmanship is great and the pieces are useable. A few years back collecting M-W was one of the more affordable strategies, but the prices have been sky-rocketing lately... so beware...
-
Brian
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
Flame Clock..... there is no comparison to a Milson Worth Flame Clock...
http://www.MerrittAmbrose.com
2011 Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year
massimo
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of massimo
I have quite a few pieces of Milson-Worth Magical props. They are truly some of the finest craftmanship ever in magic.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there, I also just picked up a MW cabala and a coin of the relm. Both a really nice pieces.. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I own a Worth (pre-Milson Worth) Block Release (Jack Hughes type) and it is a very nice piece...
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
My most interesting Milson-Worth piece is the Pillar of the Magi. I remember ordering it without any clear idea what it looked. I was shocked at both the size and the workmanship when I drove to Lynn's workshop to pick it up.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The only Milson-Worth item I have is a vanshing bird cage. It is useless. I did the cage for about 20 years at the Renaissance Festival. I always used the Owen cage. It works.

I discussed the shortcomings of the MW cage with the fellow who was making their stuff and just couldn't get through to him about how to make his a functional piece of apparatus.

However, on the bright side, that cage was responsible for more people NOT putting the trick into their act than any other version except the ones from Mexico and India.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
..with the fellow who was making their stuff
Just thought I clarify that Milson-Worth has always been just one person, Lynn Johnson.
Hayre
View Profile
Regular user
Arkansas
195 Posts

Profile of Hayre
I agree with Bill Palmer concerning the Milson Worth cage. It is small, attractive, and enticing due to its easily handled size. But, in actual usage (and although I have practiced it a lot, practice is as far as I would trust this cage), this cage's bars bend too easily, solder beads pop off too easily, and the darned thing hangs up just where it shouldn't.

So, for some unknown reason, I bought a second one on ebay.
DLF
View Profile
Regular user
LA via NYC
145 Posts

Profile of DLF
MW is wonderful stuff. I have Mephisto's Die Tube, Locking Card Box, Coin of the Realm, Cabala, Card in Balloon, Astro Cabinet, Drawer Box, Card Frame, Chng Soo Firecracker, Final Card and many more items.
Ok, I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Milson Worth (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL