The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pinnacle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
griff13
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of griff13
Vinsmagic

I saw the demo for your effect. It really does look like real magic. Is it?? Smile

I must admit I have no idea how it is done. I look forward to buying your DVD.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Griff. Thanks for the plug.
Send me your email address and I'll send you the demo. On the website the clip was very short.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
Vinny thanks for the clip. Nice work on the original creation. When is the DVD available?
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
I find "Found Link" by Vince Mendoza interesting.

Check his work here:
http://www.flipsideproductions.com/clips/foundlink.wmv

I highly recommend it. Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Kihei. The dvd will be available in about three weeks.
Found Link is the very best handling of Chris Kenner's Missing Link. Vince Mendoza eliminates the telltale x pattern.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Quote:
On 2004-09-04 20:14, dynamiteassasin wrote:
I find "Found Link" by Vince Mendoza interesting.

Check his work here:
http://www.flipsideproductions.com/clips/foundlink.wmv

I highly recommend it. Smile

I second that...it is an amazing piece of magic. Combine it with your Pinnacle routine and you've got an unbeatable combo.
~joeKing
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
You should definitely get Pinnacle. I'm not much of a rubberband magician myself, but I found Pinnacle pretty easy to learn and perfect. Russ will sometimes lose you in his explanation, but you could always rewind. The particular phase which may give you trouble is Phase 2 of the routine, but other than that, everything else is quite simple. If you put the work into learning Pinnacle, the reactions of your crowd when they see a borrowed ring passing through a rubberband is priceless! Again, don't let the sleights scare you, as the DVD's teaching is reasonable.
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
I like the Pinnacle routine, but the DVD is only fair. The vidography is poor, especially in phase 2. Also, when it comes to rubberbands, I would like an over-the-shoulder shot of the business.

On another note, I found the instructions for The Joining to be incomprehensible.

Cheers,

Tiki
griff13
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of griff13
Tiki

I know what you mean about the Joining instructions. But stick with it. The effect is a good one.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I have asked this before and have received almost no responses, so I am hoping some of you Pinnacle users can help me out...

I have been trying to come up with some good patter, or a story, to go with my Pinnacle routine. I learned the routine when it first came out, but I seldom perform it because I want some good patter to go along with it. I have tried to write something relating to the wedding band I usually use. I tried a marriage theme, starting off separate, joining, etc., but the routine ends with them apart! So if I use a marriage theme, the final Pinnacle phase is a separation, so while it may be a realistic ending (divorce), it is still kind of depressing. Any other ideas?
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Tiki,
I read your post on my effect "The Joining" and understand you are having a problem. If you email me at pierce603@aol.com with the name you purchased it under, I will be glad to send you a short video that might help out.

This offer goes out to all who have purchased "The Joining" but you must be on my list to receive the video as I know the file has been passed around quite a bit.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your offer and will send you an email shortly.
jbmagic12250
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of jbmagic12250
I think Pinnacle is the best rubber band effect around. It took awhile to get phase two but once you get it you've got it for good. Highly recommended.
SWL77
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of SWL77
Can anyone describe the effect Ring Leader, and tell me where to find additional information? Also, I have purchased Pinnacle and was interested in comments about another Niedzwiecki effect with pencil/finger through dollar bill. Any comments? Thanks in advance. David
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Swl77 pm me and I'll send you a demo of Ring Leader.
This is not my effect but I can show you a demonstration.
This is in Simon's book "Try the Impossible."

vinny

P.S. Or go to Magicvideodepot.com and look under author Vinny.
There is a demo there that you can check out.
Come check out my magic.

Elmsley4
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Elmsley4
I second Dan Harlan's work. There are some AWESOME tricks. The problem with CMH is that once it's fast and over. A nice addition is the rubberband ladder, and some linking rubberbands besides CMH. Good luck!

-Joel
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Quote:
I tried a marriage theme, starting off separate, joining, etc., but the routine ends with them apart! So if I use a marriage theme, the final Pinnacle phase is a separation, so while it may be a realistic ending (divorce), it is still kind of depressing. Any other ideas?

Instead of making the final phase about "divorce," try something like this:
"Although they are joined together in matrimony, it is actually a spiritual union. Each person retains their independence, yet they have each other for support and encouragement, as long as they both shall live."
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I learned Vince Mendoza's Rhing Thing to use as the second phase of Pinnacle, because I love the illusion of the ring being on one strand of the rubberband. I showed it to my 12 year old daughter, to whom I demo all my effects before trying them out in public, as she is a great critic and points out any flashes, etc. She immediately saw the condition of the band (those who do this trick know what I'm referring to) and pointed it out. I had the band taut, as perfect as one could hope, but she has very acute vision, so was able to spot the discrepancy. Those of you who do this in public, do you have this problem often, as JosuaAllens pointed out? Thanks -

Bill
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Quote:
On 2004-09-21 00:36, billfromoregon wrote:
I learned Vince Mendoza's Rhing Thing to use as the second phase of Pinnacle, because I love the illusion of the ring being on one strand of the rubberband. I showed it to my 12 year old daughter, to whom I demo all my effects before trying them out in public, as she is a great critic and points out any flashes, etc. She immediately saw the condition of the band (those who do this trick know what I'm referring to) and pointed it out. I had the band taut, as perfect as one could hope, but she has very acute vision, so was able to spot the discrepancy. Those of you who do this in public, do you have this problem often, as JosuaAllens pointed out? Thanks -

Bill

Bill,
to pull this illusion off requires two things. The correct type of rubber band and for it to be stretched as tight as possible. One secret is to prestretch the rubber band beforehand. This allows for the widest stretch in this position and the wider the stretch the thinner the bands are.

One problem with Vince Mendoza's Rhing Thing is the one handed display. Although this is a nice idea, you can't stretch the band long enough between your thumb and first finger to hide this display. In my opinion it just does not work close-up. The remainder of the routine is fine though.

Bill, visit my website listed in the signature for the correct bands.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Jeff - Thanks for the info. I agree with what you say, in that the one-handed display does not allow the bands to be sufficiently stretched. I have the bands from Russ Niedzwiecki, as well as the Camirand bands - the Camirand Elite bands work best, as they are thinner, yet stretch really far. I have been pre-stretching the bands, and keeping the bands taut, as you recommend, and have only been caught doing the one hand display - this looks great if you don't get caught, but I am afraid to do it in public. The 2 hand display looks great though. Thanks again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pinnacle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL