The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ninja Ring help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
Any tips or advice on doing the One Handed Block Link? I got the Table Link but this one is killing me. Thanks, Frank
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2732 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Frank:

A number of people are having problems with that move, so you've got lots of company! Are you able to get the block link at all?

Ron
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
The Block link is no problem but the One Handed Block link is very difficult for me. Thanks, Frank
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
Just practice and try to cheat to get it on by tilting your wrist down while on your way down. Try to relax a little when you do it.
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
You might be grasping the key ring too tightly. Try loosening your grip so the ring is being held only by the index finger and thumb.

The other three fingers are still curled in as usual, but they're not actually touching the ring. There should be lots of "wiggle room" for the ring inside your fist.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Hey... I'm going to try that tonight.
I was able to do it for a while but I've gotten worse as I continue to practice. I hate when that happens.

This might do the trick.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Here is my advice from a previous thread.
Click to visit:
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

I had better success cocking my wrist, and really just holding the ring with my thumb and first finger. And holding it a bit gently. The rest of the fingers were just there to cover and did not grip the ring. They look like they do but they are not doing any gripping at all.

I did it this morning and got 2 out of 3. I called it a success, gave myself a high five, and went to work.

Frank
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
The real problem is that guys named Frank can’t do the link. Smile
I bumped into Shoot here in Hollywood Magic and he told me to keep the forearm higher then “water level.” In other words not level with the floor and not tilted down, but tilted up. He also said to flick up and then imagine regular crash link.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

My god. I scrolled up and ..... you're right!!!!!
I'm changing my name! Smile

Last night I got 3 out of 5.
And another high five!

Oh...and a beer.

Regards,
Michael Jackson
respho
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
74 Posts

Profile of respho
You know what's strange, the hardest thing for me from the entire DVD is the silent link, and the ring flourish!!! Believe me if you spend some time practicing the trick (give yourself about a month) then the one handed block link should be very easy.

P.S. Don't forget allow adequate size for the key ring and buy the official Ninja Rings if you don't own one already.
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
The key to the silent link I found is to really get your mind set on making your first finger very, very, soft. Pause, and don't move until there is no tension in the first finger- and don't go to fast. Hope this helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ninja Ring help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL