The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I'm only doing this due to Broadband... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay Fortune
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jay Fortune
Well, finally the broadband is fitted. Despite the ad on the easy-to-use installation CD, it took three days, a technician, a professional hacker, and several thousand cups of coffee to finally get it installed. Why am I boring you with this?

Well, as a past pay-as-you-go customer to be linked to any forums would have eventually cost the equivalent of hiring a technician, a professional hacker and several thousand cups of coffee.

Anyway, as this is the 'intro' bit I thought I'd say 'hello'. So here goes: 'hello'

Ah, that's better.
Jay Fortune
Co-Host of Radio Magic
FREE magic entertainment every Monday at 8pm (GMT), 12 noon (Pacific) www.radiomagic.co.uk for further info!
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Jay,
Welcome to the Café. The Café is such a unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has nearly 14.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Jay Fortune
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jay Fortune
Hi Tora!

Thanks for the Turkish coffee! Really briefly, and not very magical (well, I suppose the old advert was quite mysterious!) are Turkish Delight actually from Turkey?

Just got back from working away for few days. I'm having a dilemma working out how to get a picture to accompnay the posts. Any help? I read the instructions on the Café, but my computer won't upload anything. Why Lord why?!!!
Jay Fortune
Co-Host of Radio Magic
FREE magic entertainment every Monday at 8pm (GMT), 12 noon (Pacific) www.radiomagic.co.uk for further info!
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Jay, Do not worry,
The problem may be the picture is bigger than it is allowed please try to resize it. And try again. If you still keep failing, then please pm Mary, she will give you a helping hand. Nevertheless,I believe you may solve it yourself, not so difficult.
Re: The Turkish Delight, yes it is from Turkey and one of the specialities of my country. The originak name is "LOKUM" and can be pronounced as "Laukooom". It has many types, I wish you may came to my country and try many kinds of it. You acn not taste all, a life is not enough, I have myself did not tasted all kinds yet.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Jay Fortune
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jay Fortune
Yep! It's all sorted. Like a spare one I was doing it all pear-shaped. Thanks Tora! Nice one!
Jay Fortune
Co-Host of Radio Magic
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Hello and Welcome to the Café ! Smile
Jay Fortune
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jay Fortune
Hmmm... mattisdx: can you explain what the hell this may mean dear Sir? No not the 'Hello, Welcome' bit! No not that - that was nice. Thanks mate! I mean your name?! Mattisdx? I'd be interested to know: Especially the insane angle you portray! We may think along the same lines...
Jay Fortune
Co-Host of Radio Magic
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Jay I have just found out what you are asking about the Turkish Delight...The news about the worst tastes and The Turkish Delight coated delight was one of them...Yes it is disgusting. I had tried it in London once...It is NOT Turkish deligh in any resemblance. It was a terrible jelly covered with chocolate but really terrible. No resemblence with the original thing believe me. The company who manufactured it probably have no idea about the Turkish deligh. If you even come to Turkey, I suggest you to try as many kinds as you can. If you live in LOndon you can find original Turkish Delights in the Turkish Markets but please do keep in mind that they are not fresh (unfortunately) but still far better than the fake thing.
For your information please.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Welcome! Magic is a different art so we most have devotion in it..
Just PM me if you need any help..

Have fun in magic! Smile
Jay Fortune
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jay Fortune
Tora! You little devil - knew you'd find out! Thank the Lord for that, as the one over here is, as you say, a nasty piece of satanic work. I'll try to find a real Turkish Delight. Thanks.
Jay Fortune
Co-Host of Radio Magic
gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
Jay fortune . I like you already
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
Jay Fortune
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jay Fortune
Gareth123

To what does the 123 signify? Surely not your age? If so then I am liked by the oldest guy doing magic that I know of (If it's not your age, as I suspect, then Uncle Gregory keeps the title of The Oldest Chappy I Know of in Magic as he is 103 years young.)
Jay Fortune
Co-Host of Radio Magic
Jay Fortune
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jay Fortune
Bad news:

Re Uncle Gregory. He died earlier today. He leaves no descendents. Cause of death: he stopped breathing.

Good news:

The title is back open for 'The Oldest Chappy Jay Fortune Knows of in Magic!'

The only contender so far: Gareth123. But we need proof of age. A urine or blood sample will be fine.
Jay Fortune
Co-Host of Radio Magic
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
644 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Jay, reading your posts and your motto at the bottom shows a great sense of humor. I cannot help you with a female companion who has a yacht and off shore bank account. My female companion is a special education teacher who likes me because I have special needs (cooking, cleaning, sleeping). Anyway, just wanted to welcome you on board. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Glenn
Glenn Hester

P.O. Box 3095

Brunswick, Ga. 31521

912-571-8071

www.policemagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/PoliceMagic
Jay Fortune
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jay Fortune
Cheers Glenn!

Shame about the female companion. Still as long as I've got my breath to inflate her each night...
Jay Fortune
Co-Host of Radio Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I'm only doing this due to Broadband... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL