The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Name of this TRICK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hawkntia
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC Canada
14 Posts

Profile of hawkntia
I was on pengiun and was whatching the svendali deck video with oz pearlman and I saw him do a trick on there near the end of the video and he has the card facing the spectator and he takes his finger and rubs it across the card and while he is rubbing his finger across it, its also changing the color of the number and the spade or whatever and I really want to know the name of this trick cuz I wanna learn it cuz this trick looks really awsome, so if someone could help me out that would be awsome! thanks.

heres the link to the video - http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=81
JCaelum
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of JCaelum
I'm pretty sure Oz just executed a hermann pass color change right there. there are many books and dvds that touch upon that change. just do a search around for Hermann and you'll come by it for sure, its a very popular pass technique
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
It looks like a palm change to me, a very basic move.

Hawknita, as I suggested before buy The Royal Road to Card Magic and learn the basics. If you stick to this Svengali thing and other fixed decks you will be extremely limited and possess very little skills. Take the giant step out of the gimmicked world and learn the slights first, you will eventually be proud of the fact that you can obtain the same effect with a straight deck of cards.
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
192 Posts

Profile of atrudo
It might also be the Bertram change. He uses this move a lot in his stealing pips dvd. It's not easy though.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
For certainty, it's plainly a color change. Smile
If you want to learn it, get one of Daryls Encyclopedia of Card Sleights or any dvd that teaches the move we all know as the Pass. Smile
hawkntia
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC Canada
14 Posts

Profile of hawkntia
Whos the author of 'royal road to card magic' because I went to buy it and there were a number of different copies.. so if you have the isbn # that would help tp or the author.
Jake Boone
View Profile
New user
Cottage Grove, OR
78 Posts

Profile of Jake Boone
Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue are the authors of "Royal Road." The ISBN is 0486408434 for the Dover paperback edition. Amazon.com lists it for $9.56 USD (plus shipping) as of this writing. It really is fantastic, especially for beginners (like me!). It's well worth the money.

-- Jake
"Trust everyone... but cut the cards."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Name of this TRICK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL