The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Pavel's Phenomenal Rope Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
A few weeks ago I received Pavel's Phenomenal Rope Trick but because I moved around the same time that I received it is only now that I have been looking at it. It's like an updated Junior Walking Knot but with more to the routine. You cut the rope and the knot "moves" twice along the rope. You untie the know each time to show that the knot is real. You end with a small piece and a long piece of rope which you then magically stretch to the same size. You then tie both pieces and link them. When you untie the two links you end as you started with one long piece of rope. I just about have the routine down with a couple of variations on the handling to suit me better. I am looking forward to performing this soon. I showed the routine to a friend of mine who is a magic aficionado and he loved it. Does anyone else do this? And what have been the reactions? I appreciate your feedback.
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Where do you get it and what is the cost?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I received it directly from Pavel Magic America for either $50 or $55. It can be purchased from them:
Pavel-MAGIC America
c/o John Little Agency
3781 Green Ave. # 4
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
phone: (562) 493-8793
email: jjliv@aol.com

Or you can purchase it from Stevens Magic Emporium for $70. They have a good description of this item:
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=4545

Hope this helps.

Jimmy
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Jimmy:

Yes, I have it and it's terrific! I haven't performed it in a show yet; mainly, I've been playing around with it.

Also, if you're looking for a nice routine, Pavel has a routine using Phenominal Rope on one of his Pavel DVDs. I think it's "Magnetic Magic - Volume Three". I bought the DVD first, and like it so much, I bought the rope.

Someday, I'd like to watch him in action as he makes one of his gimmicked ropes. He is truely an artist.

Ron
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Thanks for the info, Ron. I will be including it in a show in a couple of weeks. I, too, think it's terrific! I recently received an e-mail from Pavel and unfortunately it looks like he won't be coming to the USA anytime soon.

Jimmy
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
How difficult is this to master?
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I don't think it's difficult. However, I think the key is to let the moves flow effortlessly. I just ordered another one directly from Pavel because I wanted one in yellow. Except for the first moves (which sets things up for the rest of the routine) the rest can be seen on The Creative Magic of Pavel under The Slick Rope Sequence.

Jimmy
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
I have eliminated the cut and the linking loop sequences. I appear with one short and one long pieces of rope in my hands, then became the same size and short and long again.

This is the way I have get more impact.

Darío
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Pavel's Phenomenal Rope Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL