The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Magically Printing Business Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stuper1
View Profile
New user
California
100 Posts

Profile of stuper1
Bruce Elliotts' excellent book "Classic Secrets of Magic" has a trick where you appear to show both sides of a business card blank (basically using the paddle move), and then you eventually show the printed side. I can't quite figure out the move from the book's description. Does anyone know any other references for learning this trick?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
One can still purchase Fred Kaps wildcard if one looks for it.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
stuper1
View Profile
New user
California
100 Posts

Profile of stuper1
Is wildcard the same effect as what I described above?
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Check out the flicking fingers business card routine called "inertia" on 'The Movie' very sweet and visual Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Tom Zoss has a book called The Business of Magic which has some business card tricks in it. In the bibliography, he references a set of lecture notes by George Kirkendall called Magic You LIke to See, which has an item in which he prints his own business card.

There is also a reference to an item in Ganson's Art of Close-Up Magic, Volume II, page 93, "Flash Business Card," which has a paddle type move for a business card or a calling card.

I erroneously gave the name of Tom Zoss' book as Cards That Mean Business. That book was by a different author.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I agree that this is an excellent move. I've used it for 30 years.

As Bill states, the Ganson book describes the same move as Elliot's. Ganson also states the effect is written up in the Phoenix, but the index is so long I can't track it down right now.

I've PM'd to try to help you with the move.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
I believe Michael Ammar uses this in his business card magic video.
Josh Allens
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
188 Posts

Profile of Josh Allens
That's cool. But why don't you just do a snap change to make your Business Card Print itself.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Magically Printing Business Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL