The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Where do you learn how to drive blindfolded? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of 12345
Any sources or videos on how to learn how to drive blindfolded?
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Abbott's has a good blindfold. When I got mine three years ago it was $35.00.

Don
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
"Blind Foil" on Kuffs' DVD, Mind Stunts, is a good one to use for this type of a stunt. Just know that unless you are on a closed course, with the proper permits, you will most likely be pulled over and fined. Smile
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yes, Blind Foil works well. It's the routine that requires the sorting.

Do as I did. See as many blindfold drives as you can, pinch the best bits, type up some spiel sheets and develope your own twenty min spot.

My climax is to have the local dignitary or star of the outside show attend as a passenger for a lap or two. Don't do as I did a couple of years ago and reverse into the Imps Motor Cycle display team waiting to go on next after me. They were not amused.
Aron Devin
View Profile
New user
Chattanooga, TN
78 Posts

Profile of Aron Devin
Check out pages 129-158 and page 386 of Corinda's "13 Steps To Mentalism" He offers great advice for this type of effect.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Check out my website for blindfoil in use.
Mysterion The Mind reader
View Profile
New user
Toronto
48 Posts

Profile of Mysterion The Mind reader
I use z-ray googles, but Corinda's thirteen steps to mentalism has a variety of blindfolds you can use. I always get a laugh from pressing coins into pizza dough over you're eyes. Maybe some ancient coins with a magically third sight quality???????
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
There is an effect that is driving a car while sleeping in a David Acer video.

It's I think in Open Travellers or Roadkillers.
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
699 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Look at my site: http://www.JamesSong.com

My designer is taking it down in the fall to put up some stuff we did in the desert, but it's the real thing, done in medium traffic - on highway one in California (by Laguna Beach) - in the middle of the day at a top speed of 60mph. Greg Arce took the photos.

We also drove in Beverly Hills (heavy traffic, both vehicular and pedestrian) and in LA in general - all blindfolded. No one pulled us over - and ALOT of people saw us doing it.

No special blindfold necessary. I used a method detailed in Corinda's which was very, very convincing. Total cost: $3 (plus car rental with collision coverage, of course).

Before anyone gets any funny ideas, you should all know I'm a very good driver, who learned how to drive from taxi drivers - in NYC. I've raced cars in excess of 110mph - on highways during the day - and can drive as well as any pro. No one, at any time, was in any danger (except maybe Greg, who boldly leaned out of the car several times to get better shots).
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
Quote:
On 2004-08-30 01:17, dynamiteassasin wrote:
There is an effect that is driving a car while sleeping in a David Acer video.

It's I think in Open Travellers or Roadkillers.

Road Killers
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
Contact Jim Passe'. He's done it.
The great Sandwich!
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Which is the best blindfold you guys would suggest for an indoor theaterical act with interactive drawings by the audience on a blackboard ?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Coins,tape,bandages with bag over the top.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I guess you could always do it for real?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Where do you learn how to drive blindfolded? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL