The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tricks that Preserve a Stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dizaster
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of dizaster
I'm looking for effects that can be done without destroying a large pre-existing stack (full deck, if possible). Many versions of Triumph, for example, preserve the deck in order. What other good effects accomplish this?
Nick Pudar
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Nick Pudar
There is some very good discussion to this topic here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=37
Nick
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
www.stackview.com Version 5.0 is available!
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Coin trick...
Nick Pudar
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Nick Pudar
Mike,
Few posts make me laugh out loud. Your's did. Nice one.
Nick
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
www.stackview.com Version 5.0 is available!
dizaster
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of dizaster
Nick,

Thanks for the tip, but I do not yet have access to that post. Could you post a short list of the best such effects? Thanks
Hardi
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
96 Posts

Profile of Hardi
Most of Lennart Green's stuff is what you are looking for. Try to get it.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Just use lennart green's Real Green Shuffle Smile that can be slightly altered to not move a single card Smile
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2918 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
What type of stack are you working with? I work with a memorized deck and know a few tricks that preserve the stack, but the deck needs to be memorized. If you are working with some stack like Sam the Bell hop, they won't work. They also won't work as well with stacks like Si Stebbins and 8 Kings.
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
192 Posts

Profile of atrudo
Michael Close's Invisible Deck soesn't entirely preserve the stack but the stack can be set up again by moving only two cards. Check it out in his workers books or his dvd's.
Yiannis
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago USA
349 Posts

Profile of Yiannis
You should check the new Juan Tamariz book, Mnemonica. Is one of the best in the memorized deck and explains many tricks that don't destroy the stack or is very easy to reset it again. Check http://www.hermeticpress.com for an index of the book.
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
Jennings on Leipzig's sympatethic cards preserves a big setup. Not exactly a whole stack, but it comes close.
Deal cards, not drugs!
hitmouse
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of hitmouse
Quote:
On 2004-08-02 13:38, dizaster wrote:
I'm looking for effects that can be done without destroying a large pre-existing stack (full deck, if possible). Many versions of Triumph, for example, preserve the deck in order. What other good effects accomplish this?

Lazy mans card trick (Lorayne)
Lauren Benson
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Lauren Benson
Don't forget Paul Gertner's Routine "unshuffled" for those of you who can do a faro shuffle. I saw a guy do that once and it was amazing.
God Bless,
Lauren
mclose
View Profile
V.I.P.
306 Posts

Profile of mclose
The memdeck routines in Workers 5 were designed to disarrange a minimum amount of cards. Most leave the stack in order. The Luckiest Cards in Las Vegas in Closely Guarded Secrets leaves the stack in order. Simon Aronson's Try the Impossible has routines that do not upset the stack.

Best

M. Close
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tricks that Preserve a Stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL