The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cleaning the Dlite (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BronxRican
View Profile
New user
bronx ny
25 Posts

Profile of BronxRican
Ive used a damp cloth..am afraid to try soap though any suggestions
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I would clean the outside only. If the inside is that dirty then maybe you need to wash your hands more often.
On a serious note, I have never washed my TT's and I do have a few older ones that could use a little washing but being the lazy type of guy that I am and the fact that all of my TT's work just as good as the day I got them, I don't think I will be washing mine any time soon.
As I stated above, I would only clean the outside. Maybe something like 409 cleaner would be best.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
randomdan
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of randomdan
I left one of my d'lites in the pocket of my fleece jacket, and it got full of fluff Smile

I eventually worked the inside bits out, and was able to remove most of the fluff by hand, and while the innards were out, I washed the TT thoroughly.

To get the insides to stay back in again though, I put a tiny, tiny dab of hot glue onto the plastic/rubbery blob that the insides are attatched to, and stuck it back in place. It's stayed there ever since.

RandomDan
BronxRican
View Profile
New user
bronx ny
25 Posts

Profile of BronxRican
Ye I meant the outside after leaving them in my pocket the outside gets a bit dirty..making the thumb tip darker making it less "blendable" (is that word?) with my hand
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
randomdan
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of randomdan
Ah - that also happened to the other d'lite which I left in my jeans pocket when it rained (the dye from the jeans gave them a nice blue sheen).

I found that some white spirit was able to clean the surface up well.

RandomDan
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
You can use an air duster to clean off the inside of a D'Lite. The same cans that is used to clean electronic equipment. It can be picked up a Best Buy type store.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cleaning the Dlite (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL