The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Coinvanish.com Update: Reviews of Coin Classics Vol. 2 and David Stone's Coin Magic DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I just posted the reviews at http://www.coinvanish.com

Enjoy.

Dan
Click to visit:
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4863 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Thanks again Dan for the thorough review. David is a true artist with coins. His coin loading under a card work is amazing. I am very impressed how easily he can release a coin from classic palm from a stack of four one at a time. I work mostly with silver dollars and can do that about 90% of the time. He has inspired me to shoot for 100%. So far, I'm getting close to that. I highly recommend the DVDs but these really are not for beginners.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Just out of curiousity, Mr Watkins, How long have you been studying coin magic?

I have recently started and I am a little put off because the sleights involved take a lot more time to learn then those in card magic...you seem like one who is VERY ADVANCED in coin work.
~joeKing
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Joe,

It's pretty much a niche thing - I like coins a lot, so I spend a lot of time working with them. Once you get over the hump of learning the foundations, a lot of coin magic is simply learning the sequencing and timing to pull off an effect.

I got into magic relatively late - been about six years, but pretty intense on the coin work.

If it makes you feel any better, I am no good at card sleights at all - its just a matter of where I choose to spend my time.
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Coinvanish.com Update: Reviews of Coin Classics Vol. 2 and David Stone's Coin Magic DVDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL