The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Anyone see or have this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
https://www.thetrickery.com/?nd=full&key=6550

The Goblet Routine. I'm told this was on the Paul Daniels Show. Any input would be appreciated.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Randy,

This is a combination of tricks that Tony Slydini taught all of us students (For me that was the 60s). There is nothing special about the goblets. That part of the routine is also called Sympathetic Silks in the Harold Rice books. The only difference is that it is done with four silks in the offered trick instead of six as in Rice. To me it is still better with six so that's the way I do it in my shows.

The knotting and unknotting silks is a different trick unique to Slydini and the "silks" should be parachute cloth. They only came in white except for a few sets he made just for me in colors because I also do dove productions from them. It is a great trick. But I think it is also in the Stars of Magic series of books. For $65 I would rather have the books. In fact, for $65 you can probably have both the books and the "silks" plus supper.

There's not much new in magic except the magicians.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Loyal user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
237 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
This (The Goblet) has nothing to do with The Sympathetic Silks. It is a 20th centery silks variation and is an item put out by El Duco.
Something got mixed up here!
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I had a friend who bought it a while ago and he was disappointed with it. I personally have never seen it, so I can't say for sure what the problems were.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Anyone see or have this? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL