The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » First Faro (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
budionodarmawan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of budionodarmawan
Thanx a lot KARDMECHANIC.But I still wonder why the perfect weave shuffle called faro shuffle ?
Is that shuffle play an important role in pharaoh game ?

budiono
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
I think the understanding of Faro shuffle being used in the game Faro is just a magician cover up. I think Harry Lorayne uses the line so that no one will suspect anything. But as I said, I think. I do not know this.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
257 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Excellent, way to go
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Brazilian
View Profile
New user
Brazil
70 Posts

Profile of Brazilian
I don`t know who invented,but Charles T.Jordan was probabily the fist American magician on record to consider incorporating the faro shuffle in magical effects.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Paul Swinford put out a couple of books on the Faro Shuffle back in the 1960's, if memory serves. Thee were three types of Faro shuffle mentioned in the works. These were the "in" faro, the "out" faro and the "straddle" faro. The "straddle" faro is done with a 53 card deck.

Some of the material was rather tedious, but I'm sure it went over well at the magic clubs.

Harry Riser introduced me to the Faro shuffle in the late '50's. He gave me a deck of Tally Ho Fan Backs and said "Never riffle shuffle these cards. Always faro shuffle them." And those became my practice deck.

I still have those cards, somewhere. I saw Harry again in 1977 at the TAOM convention in Arlington. I brought the deck up to him and refreshed his memory. When he took the deck out of the case, the edges of the cards were brown from handling. But he gave them a faro and then smiled. BTW, they still are "faro-able."

You can do a lot of sneaky things with a Faro. I'll start a thread in secret sessions about one of my favorites.

And before I forget, Shane, congratulations on your first Faro.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » First Faro (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL