The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Camera angle on teaching videos/dvd's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
As a beginner, I find it hard to believe that every teaching magic video I have seen is filmed from the perspective of the spectator, rather than the magician. It would seem an easy task to place a camera above, and/or over the shoulder of the performer to give his perstpective of the trick or move. This would simplify learning without transposing everything seen from left to right and top to bottom.

Can anyone offer several teaching videos that are produced this way?
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Check out the Michael Ammar tapes. They show the performance from the audience perspective, but the teaching portion includes "super practice" sessions which show the sleights from different angles.
Tom James
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati, Ohio
139 Posts

Profile of Tom James
Nathen Krazno does some of his DVD's this way.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
If the video "teaches" an effect from this perspective then I'd concur. But, all of my experience with magic video has been to the contrary. Most video's usually show you the effect from the audience view with the assumption... perhaps the viewer hasn't seen the effect.
The explanation is then shot at the optimum angle for teaching. If you ask the dealer specific questions regarding the product, there shouldn't be a problem.
I prefer books, lectures and jam sessions.

Choose wisely,
Kregg
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Camera angle on teaching videos/dvd's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL