The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Coin Roll Challenge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
Heres the challenge:

2 minutes

How many coinrolls can you do sequentially without flubbing and *without* looking at your hand.

Flubbing = dropping either partially or fully, going underneath too soon or loosing it off the end of the pinky, having to reach back up with the thumb to re-adjust drop on first finger after thumb leaves coin, any pause greater than 2 seconds during the roll on the finger.

Good Luck!
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
Wow 2 mins is a very long time. I said this one before in another post that in Japan they have coin rolls contest to see how many you can do in a min. I think the record is 42 or something like that. My average is 30 and my best was 35 so far.
Right now I'm working on rolling multiple coins rolling 2,3, even 4 coins down my knuckles
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13421 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
none. zero. maybe one if i'm lucky.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4901 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
As long As I want with One coin! With 4 coins It gets a Little bit harder Smile.

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
I time myself often I can get about the same as you, maybe a little less, on average, I can get about 28 in a minute.. but the days vary, some days I can fly, some days I cant even hold onto the coin. I think your state of mind has a lot to do with how well you do a coin roll, it may sound rediculous, but the times I am stressed, or ticked off, or nervous about something, are the same times I cant do a coin roll for S**T...
this happen to any of you?
Later-
Tom Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
Robin Parker
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
117 Posts

Profile of Robin Parker
I roll the coin back and forth; I dont use the thumb to carry the coin back under the hand. I went back & forth, counting that as one complete revolution, 52 times in one minute.
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
Im working on the back and forth thing, I am also working on rolling the coin across the next joint up on the fingers, with the palm up, and the fingers curled almost into a fist..
it looks neat and ive never seen it done that way..
and WOW 52 times...nice!
C-ya
Tom Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
If you're talking about a one coin roll, you'd have to time me with a calendar. That's true for both hands. My hands'll start cramping before I'm in danger of dropping one. More than one coin on each hand and I start missing. I also can't do a coin roll with coins palmed very well, but I'm working on it.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Coin Roll Challenge (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL