The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pro intros/ closers we can all afford (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
<hypothetical>Say the Adam’s Company sells Chinese Sticks for $2.99 but Viking makes a set for $95, which one is going to be the quality and value you want? Viking of course. Now you’re magician on a budget (who of us is not, eh?) which do you buy? You want the quality but cannot afford it, so you buy the Adam’s and dream of the day you make enough to buy the Viking. BUT what if I told you you could get the authentic Viking for the Adam’s price of $2.99</hypothetical>

Where can one find such a value? If you are looking for PROFESSIONAL/ CUSTOM show openers/ closers etc. look no further the http://www.lionpoint.com

If I walked into a professional sound studio right this very minute and asked them to make a custom CD for my show, in most places I’d have to pay for studio time, a voice over artist, his agents 20%, pay for the work done AND for the CD. I GURANTEE this would run you $300-500.

What if I told you you could get a custom CD professionally recorded for $50 or on MP3 for only $12? What if I told you it was a professional “Hollywood” voice over artist (in quotations because he lives in Encinitas CA.), in a professional studio with pro equipment? Finally what if I told you he could either write your script for you or you could write your own? Pique your interest?

Let me introduce you to Doug Higley, he has been a voice over artist longer than I’ve been alive and is/was a performer, he knows what it is like to be a struggling magician like the rest of us and wants to provide his services to you at the C.A.R. rate to give back to his fellow performers.

Not only all of the above but he has also spent big bucks on music that can be added to the intros, you can have a sponsors name inserted, show time countdowns and so much more.

Two quick seals of approval. A friend in Canada called me on Sun. the 1st and was telling me about a wild escape he had created and wanted to make a tape of some voice work he could banter with while doing his escape but he needed it before the 5th. I mentioned Doug and got the two in contact with each other. Later that night my friend emailed me and said Doug rocked. A day or two later my friend had his scripted routine voiced and in his inbox in MP3 form. He was ecstatic.

I opted for the CD with 3 different scripts I had written. Doug went out of his way to get them done in the voice tone I wanted and on CD for me and even helped “clean up” one script where I thought the wording was grammatically incorrect.

His voices range, pace and inflection are bang on and he is a great guy to work with.

This is not solicited but submitted by a satisfied client.

Champagne quality on a beer budget? http://www.lionpoint.com is the solution.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Doug has a fantastic voice. I remember the first time I heard Blackstone Junior's voice and Eugene Burger's. I tried for an entire year to sound like them.
If you do use a voice of gold, for announcements, remember to use a good sound set up or that golden voice could sound like tinsel.

Kregg
POOF!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Kregg...there are lot's of guys with good voices...the 'gold' comes from training. I was just fortunate in that I was able to learn how to use it at a very good broadcast school and then more fortunate to be able to train and hone the skills needed over the years in many venues and media.
More than good vocal chords, it takes a good ear and a version of 'sence memory' as any actor can tell you.

There are a few simple things that can be learned and the ridding oneself of 'regional' speech patterns is a priority.

I had a THICK NY 'Brooklyn' accent...geesh...never would have gone 2 steps beyond 42nd street with that (even though I tried!) My very serious attempt at an escape act was pure comedy soon as I opened my mouth!
Once I realized that, I made it a comedy act. Smile

Shawn, thanks for the plug. My goal is to be able to serve the communiy and do quality work even cheaper than you can do it yourself. So far so good!

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
Darkrider is doing a devil voice for the end of my gypsy fortune teller routine. I can’t wait to hear it.
Thanks for this post this guy is doing the magic community a great service
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
I've gotta tell you guys, Doug's work is awesome. Being a magician, he knows what we want, and will work with us to give us exactly that. I love the intros that Doug did for me. 4 thumbs up.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I totally agree with each of your sentiments. If you go to his website you will see my comments on his work! Thanks again Brother Doug

Best money I ever spent~r2
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Doug recently helped me script and record intros and closers for 2 of my shows and the result was OUTSTANDING. Doug has my highest recommendation! He went out of his way to make sure the recording were exactly as I wanted them.

Thanks, Doug....you rock! And thanks to R2 and all the other guys here at the Café for pointing him out to me.

Aloha!
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
I was pleased with mine, great guy went out of his way to make sure I was happy.
Only 5 words and a sinister laugh
"The devil has your soul ha ha ha"
Now my Gypsy girl becomes possessed Exorcist style
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Does he do pure voice or does he add the DJ like effects , swishes, and echoes?
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Glod...depends on what kind of 'swishes'....MAN-ly swishes...yes...Echoes, of course...as to pure voice as in 'purity'...well that's in the ear of the beholder...but I'll do what ever you need done best I can.

nalu_magic...sure fun to work with! mahalo brudda.

bloodyjack...you're just scary...I did yours out of pure fear....anytime my friend.
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
I am about to purchase some of those DJ "Drops" that have the background sound effects like a motor winding down or such along with the deep voice.
I know Doug has the voice, know doubt about it but I wanted a little background enhancement as well like a clock or twighlight zone. I think you know what I'm getting at.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Mr Glod...If I can't do it...it ain't. The basics are on site...but if it's special attention to, say, Dramatic Illusion set up, Narration with FX..or a special character voice etc., it can all be done...it may or may not have extra cost associated with the job.

Sound FX...music...special FX...Godzilla farts...whatever...

BUT...if the prefab DJ Drops fit your style and show, by all means use them! It's your show and your dream coming together...make it happen!
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Doug worked with me to get my intros exactly the way I wanted them. I received my CD yesterday and was absolutely blown away. I mixed Doug's voice with some background music and the result is absolutely incredible. Thanks to Doug for all his hard work.

If you haven't worked with Doug yet you really should. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thank You Mr. Sisti...proud to add you to the growing group of testimonials on the site. Very satisfying to get such great responses from you guys...

See ya down the road...

Doug
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Doug did my intro and I cannot imagine it being any better; same with his service. I mentioned this in another thread, but will say it again: Anybody thinking about this should do it immediately, before Doug wakes up one morning and realizes he's charging way too little (I can say this now that I have mine).

Ron
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
I found out about Doug on this site and that day contacted him and soon within 24 hrs I had the script and the end product was finished and on the way. I don't know if I will ever get to meet this guy but I sure hope our paths cross someday. I can't wait to get the cd. Thanks Doug and fellow magi for your post.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Actually Chuck you are in the mail today. I tried like heck to mail it yesterday...but there was something about 'Post No Clowns' on Sundays...so 'Chuckles' should have his CD by Wednesday. Looking forward to your comments since you're the first to order Music under the VO with the Intros.

Cheers
Doug
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Yes Doug I have recieved it and I will tell you that the music under the voice over is GRRRRRRREEEEEAAATTT. The music is perfect for my act and I can't say how this sets up my show as being classy (even though I am a clown ) I played it for some friends at work (The will county Coroners office) and they almost dropped dead. lol I mean they thought the cd was killer, hum well I mean they loved it. As I said before I now have the challenge to make the show live up to the introduction. I have said this before This CD is worth much much more that your asking price. If any of you use music you need this item, hes fast and all pro. Thanks again doug.

Oh by the way Doug I am not in the mail I am in my study in my favorite chair. Thanks for checking this for me though.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I want to publicly thank Doug Higley! I asked for him to think about laying down a custom track for one of my clients, Time Warner Cable.

He responded within minutes and even had to jerk my chain, because "I" was slow on the stick to reply with the essential lines for him to use. (Mustn't keep the Vocal Artiste awaiting)

He layed down the track the very next day and emailed me an mpeg file to use right away for the event!

The next time you are doing a "Special Event" you should consider giving it a more personal touch by letting Doug add his "Magic Vocal Touch" to your performance!

I truly look forward to hearing Doug's Introductions before my presentations. It's like having another magician cheering you on just before "Gametime".

I can only hope to live up to the expectations his vocal introductions promise just before I walk out onto the stage!

My thanks for a job muy bien hecho (Very Well Done!)
I am a client and a Brother for LIFE!
~ere-dos~
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
I had Doug do some intros for me last month. When I received them I mixed them into some music for my show. I loved the result so much that I contacted him again yesterday to do some closing lines for me as well. I can't wait to get them!
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pro intros/ closers we can all afford (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL