The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pro intros/ closers we can all afford (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks all so very much for your biz and kind comments.

Got some changes though...as of tomorrow (9/22/04) the price will be going up to $75. I know...not that much but it will mean a bunch to me.

It's been $50 for awhile and every one has had the chance to get in on the introduction deal...but I have to do it...don't want to...have to.

I'm making the Toll Free number available on the site now, (No frivilous calls please.) so you can call and get your job off and running even faster.

Anyway with the high level of customer service I offer, the call backs and re-cuts etc. (most for no charge) it takes its toll (so to speak).

This isn't a hobby thing and I sort of have to justify it all. So...I'm keeping the Magish intros WAY WAY below normal costs for you guys (no gals yet) as best I can and still offer the best quality service available anywhere.

Thanks again to all...and yes...if you get it in today it's cheaper!
:)

Doug

I forgot to add that there will STILL be a $50 VO Intro package for the Birthday Party Magicians...call it a Starter Package? You B-D folks are probably making the same $50-$100 I got in 1964 for doing parties. Geesh.
I'll leave it up to you and Karma and the Honor System to determine qualifiers for the 'Starter Package'. Smile

Thanks

Doug

Re New pricing: I changed my mind over night...$25 for the 'Starter Package' for New performers just starting out in the B-Day arena.

I hope all of us will acknowledge a break is needed to keep our ranks filled with up and coming professionals who are serious about their craft and enterprise. I certainly remember when I was there! Just out of the Army and workin' those kid shows on the weekends basically just barely making enough to pay for the gadgets from Tannens...Smile...

Hey...I'm still in the same boat!

Doug
Higley's Doug's Museum
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that most "Kid show Performers" don't use an audio system.

Having said that, If this is your situation, it would behoove you to take advantage of Doug's most generous offer then get yourself a boombox, at the very least to use this in your shows!

This intro will give you instant credibility out of the block. It is up to the performer to live up to the hype which Doug will most certainly do.

Doug's intro sets the tone and makes some promises about what you will see during the show. It's up to the performer to deliver the goods.

Got Goods? Let Doug Help you deliver them with his powerful introductions!

At $25.00 you can't go wrong folks!
~r2
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
When I started out back in the 60's I used a little hand held reel to reel tape recorder! hahaha. Who needs a sound system when your in somebody elses Living Room and you just have a little magic act...well maybe some do but...It would even be a funny bit to just come out...set a small player on the table and turn it on and walk off and wait to be introduced as if it was a big stage show.

But thanks R2...I'm really not trying to sell the Starters...just want to make it available to those who think they would like it. Just a gesture.

Doug
Higley's Doug's Museum
Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
Doug, I've gone to your website and followed the link to AudioStreet, but I can't get it to play. I get a "the server is not responding" message. From the allocades you're getting on here, I'm sure you sound great. Is there any way to hear a sample of your voice work? Also, if I have a piece of music I'm already using, could you do a voice over with it? (I have the rights to use it.)

Re ReyRey: Yes, some birthday party performers use sound systems. Look at some of the postings from Ken Scott and others under "Little Darlings". (I hate that title.) I used to use just a small boombox, but have recently moved up to a small sound system.

Tate
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hi Tate...don't know about that server problem...I know there has been a problem or two with the Streaming aspect but it always downloads properly.
If you like I can eMail you a sample...but that will be tomorrow...the Studio is sleeping now and the 'jabnitor' is watching Survivor. Smile

Doug
Higley's Doug's Museum
Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
Doug, Thanks, the download button did work. I just hadn't tried it. I enjoyed the cartoon characters voices.

By the way, your intro of "Here in Colorado" reminded me of the infamous Orson Welles voice over, "We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire, where Mrs. Buckley lives. Every July, peas grow there." I have only recently heard it, thanks to the wonder of the internet. Years ago I saw the episode of "Pinky and the Brain" (I hope you know what I'm talking about) where the Brain recreates that scene. I thought it was kinda odd until I heard the original. And then I thought I was going to pass peas out my nose.

And BTW again, did I see my name (Tate) in one of your posts regarding mermaids?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Tate was 'gaffer' out of Arizona. Forget his first name...anyway...he was NOTORIOUS for the most gawdawful looking mummies and shrunken heads and feegees etc...they were really bad and made out of old wood paste and toilet paper mache and colored with shoe polish or cheap paint....BUT...he was the only guy doing them so the average showman could afford it...he did sideshow attractions for years and his shoddy little (and some big) critters were in shows and museums everywhere! Funny thing is they were infused with so much folksy CHARM they are delightful today...and to think folks paid to see them and believed them too, back in the old days! In fact some are still on exhibit in some museum collections. I had a bunch in my big Museum in Tahoe.

The most famous Tate (though this is not known as a Tate, but it is!) is THE THING on hwy 10 out side of Tuscon Ariz. For miles and miles you will see huge billboards: SEE: THE THING! There is a dairy Queen and a Gas Station and souvenier shop and a museum for a couple of bucks...the museum has rooms and rooms of JUNK...with very funny signs...Like "Is this THE THING?...NO...keep looking..." or a sign on an old farm implement "This is an unusual THING but is it THE THING? NO...keep on looking..." Finally after (FOREVER) you come to a big box in the floor and there is THE THING!!!

I won't ruin it by desctribing it...but EVERYBODY needs to see THE THING! It's the last of ther great old tacky roadside attractions. They have made a fortune with it and it probably cost them about $75 from Tate.

The old Tate catalogs sometimes show up on ebay and they are hilarious.

After Halloween by the way I will have some INTRO Demos up online.

Thanks Doug
Higley's Doug's Museum
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I've seen the thing and I'd love to ruin it for everyone, but for 75 cents a pop, it would be in poor taste to do so......

On the tour, you get to see the alleged vehicle that Adolf Hitler rode in, a sex torture chamber, antique firearms, a beheading scene, some antique sewing machines, and related junk...the walking tour museum is outdoors and all of the exhibits well....exhibit signs of weathering.....

The Thing is a true dissapointment after much anticipation with all of the roadside billboards..the billboards were more costly and time consuming than the actual thing itself.....

In the bathroom stalls you will find the words "the thing sux!" written everywhere!

I have seen the thing well over 10 times as it offers a nice respite from the road on I-10.

It is located between Lordsburgh and Tucson adjacent to Texas Canyon also known as Devil's Canyon.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The thing cost about $75 to buy from Tate. it is a very old piece. I use to have one very similar in my museum and it even had a bone in the nose! hahaha.
Tate sold them as "Cannibal Tom" So realistic you'll hear the drums!" Man it was badly made but these days is a kick in the pants it is so funny to see.

As to 'The Thing!'
Ya gotta love the Ballyhoo though!!!! It's REAL Show Biz!!!

Speaking of ShowBiz...is that you in a ZOOT Suit in your picture???

Doug
Higley's Doug's Museum
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Zoot Suit it is...made by one of america's few remaining zoot suit craftsmen. Yes, I am the one who can still fit into my Royal Blue Suit and pictured in the image.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
NICE! Love that Blue!!!

Rock on Amigo

I heard from a couple of you magical folk that you prefered the original price structure...and you know, I agree fully...so back to the old price.

As to the beginners B-day starter thing mentioned above...I thought it might be a good helper for new performers but thinking more about it, it's just a cost the new magish doesn't need...buy magic instead...take a lesson...buy a DVD.

For those who are serious and on the move...talk to you soon...Smile

Doug
Higley's Doug's Museum
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I don't have capablility of MP3. Can someone point me to a source for a customized Intro burned onto a CD-R?

Thanks

Still searching

Candini
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Just followin' up. Mr Candini has found his voice.

again.

:)

Doug
Higley's Doug's Museum
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
::) Thanks Doug........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pro intros/ closers we can all afford (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL