The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Velvet cord for ring on string (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BearMage
View Profile
New user
Kalamazoo, MI
26 Posts

Profile of BearMage
You might try a drapery supply store. I've purchased velvet cord used for tie-backs at our local shop.
They are also a great place to aquire props such as fluted rods, trims, and ornate hardware.
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that the savage has,
because we know how it was made. We have lost as much as we gained by
prying into that matter."
Mark Twain
Alchimest
View Profile
Regular user
Alchimest
133 Posts

Profile of Alchimest
I started using Wilsons velvet cord, but quickly went back to my old standby.
I use 4mm rock climbers cord, with the white core pulled out. I creates a very supple 'string' with lots of color (although you don't get a lot of choice at any one sports store). It's very strong and lasts forever.
I've never had anyone question what it is (shoe lace or whatever), it's just a piece of string in my pocket.
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
I used to wear a cord for a belt that I would pull off to do the routine. I quit using it though, after my pants fell down; I started wearing underwear too.
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
IF you watch the DVD/Video I believe he explains how to make it. I agree I use a colored rope that is de-Cored. The ends are joined with glue to stop freying (SP).
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Velvet cord for ring on string (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL